Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Lock-N-Load® Auto Charge™ Powder Dispenser (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/lock-n-load-auto-charge-powder-dispenser-46306/)

opaww 08-05-2011 08:20 PM

Lock-N-Load® Auto Charge™ Powder Dispenser

Hornady Lock-N-Load Auto Charge Powder Scale and Dispenser 110/220 Volt - MidwayUSA

I ordered this product on the 3rd and paid the 4-6 day shipping on it. It shipped the same day I ordered it and I received it today. That was quick delivery; even UPS got it here earlier then their usual delivery time.

So I unpacked it and put it together which was easy no instructions on assembly come with it but you don't need them. I got to play with it a bit and it seems to be accurate to with-in 0.1th of a grain. Not bad at all, and it should help speed up the reloading a lot.

I used my RCBS digital to check each dispensed powder weight and it was consistent. I am happy with it so far, but the real test will come in a day or two when I finish reloading 400 .40 S&W's. I will post pics and an update when I do.

JonM 08-05-2011 08:58 PM

ive got the rcbs version i love it. makes loading exact charges super easy.

lonyaeger 08-05-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opaww (Post 556669)
Hornady Lock-N-Load Auto Charge Powder Scale and Dispenser 110/220 Volt - MidwayUSA

I ordered this product on the 3rd and paid the 4-6 day shipping on it. It shipped the same day I ordered it and I received it today. That was quick delivery; even UPS got it here earlier then their usual delivery time.

So I unpacked it and put it together which was easy no instructions on assembly come with it but you don't need them. I got to play with it a bit and it seems to be accurate to with-in 0.1th of a grain. Not bad at all, and it should help speed up the reloading a lot.

I used my RCBS digital to check each dispensed powder weight and it was consistent. I am happy with it so far, but the real test will come in a day or two when I finish reloading 400 .40 S&W's. I will post pics and an update when I do.

Say what you will about Midway, their online ordering system and shipping absolutely rocks.

Mine is an RCBS too, and I'm very happy with it. I'll never completely do away with the old powder measure, but I use the digital about tens times as much.

noylj 08-06-2011 07:43 AM

Powder Measure Comments

I run the Hornady L-N-L powder measure, the Dillon powder measure, and the Lee Pro Auto-Disk powder measure. The Hornady is the most consistent, but I have not been able to get it set up for my son to reload .380 Auto using the .355 PTX (when he wanted to start reloading, my wife "suggested" that I give him my L-N-L since I had enough Dillon 1050s). I personally think we need a longer PTX, but when I next see him we might just call Hornady and have them walk us through it.
The Dillon, with cartridge specific "powder funnels" (their term for the powder-through die insert), is very easy to set up and will generally stay within +/- 0.1gn with most powders. I recommend it for those who are more concerned with fast set-up than ultimate powder measure repeatability. I really like it. The only complaints I have are the adjusting bolt changes the charge weight quite a bit for a very small change and it, like its predecessor, the Lee Auto-Disk, can leak with very fine powder. Finally, the Lee PAD is just so simple to use that I will always have at least one around.
If you load cast or swage lead bullets, get the larger "lead" PTXs.