Local Wal-marts raise ammunition prices - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Local Wal-marts raise ammunition prices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 02:09 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Please see the wal-mart thread that was closed in the clubhouse before making ignorant statements like that, and don't derail my thread please.

Wal -Mart's ammunition is still very cheap compared to the rip-off gun shops around here.

$40 for a box of 9mm wwb's!!!! DOH!!
I thought this thread was about walmart? I guess because I make ignorant statements i'm to ignorant to read the title correctly.

part of my reasons for hating them is because of their views on firearms. In my area the rumors were that they were going to stop selling firearms and until then Jack up the prices until everything was phased out. A derail? I think not.

I don't dial 911, I dial 1911!

Old 09-08-2009, 02:33 AM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky2008 View Post
I thought this thread was about walmart? I guess because I make ignorant statements i'm to ignorant to read the title correctly.

part of my reasons for hating them is because of their views on firearms. In my area the rumors were that they were going to stop selling firearms and until then Jack up the prices until everything was phased out. A derail? I think not.
This thread is about the price of ammunition AT Wal Mart, not about Wal-Mart in general.

Now, it has been derailed.......oh well....I just didn't want it to be another walmart political pissing thread...

I don't like their views on guns either, but they still sell guns and handgun ammunition at a good price, so I can't knock them too much. They succomed to pressure and quit selling handguns, but k-mart quit selling firearms and ammunition altogether because of a fat lump of turd named michael moore(on).

I'm glad wal-mart is still here and still selling handgun ammunition at a good price. The price raise is because of consumer demand, it happens.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:43 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
This thread is about the price of ammunition AT Wal Mart, not about Wal-Mart in general.

Now, it has been derailed.......oh well....I just didn't want it to be another walmart political pissing thread...

I don't like their views on guns either, but they still sell guns and handgun ammunition at a good price, so I can't knock them too much. They succomed to pressure and quit selling handguns, but k-mart quit selling firearms and ammunition altogether because of a fat lump of turd named michael moore(on).

I'm glad wal-mart is still here and still selling handgun ammunition at a good price. The price raise is because of consumer demand, it happens.

Point taken.

I'd say their prices on ammo has gone up for the same reasons everyone elses has, like u said, consumer demand. They are still cheaper on everything, including ammo.

Since we are already derailed let me say I like ur avatar. I'm a member of the Church of God. My pastor is an avid gun enthusiast also.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:04 AM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Since we are already derailed let me say I like ur avatar. I'm a member of the Church of God. My pastor is an avid gun enthusiast also.
Thankyou!

I don't know how the pastor(s) at my church feel about guns, it's a big church. We do have armed security that works during church hours though, so that says something.

p.s. I apologize for pre-emptively jumping on you. I carried stuff over from the other walmart thread where things got out of hand between members. Not your fault.

Last edited by Gojubrian; 09-08-2009 at 03:05 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Old 09-08-2009, 03:16 AM   #25

No apology needed. Thats the thing about forums. You cant always tell if someone is joking or being stupid (like I was) from the way they are typing. Its all good.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:08 AM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Stopped by walmart tonight. They had .45acp ball in WWB and Remington, even JHP's! 8 boxes of 38 special, .44 mags, .357mags, two different types of 9mm's and jhp's for them as well, .40's all around still as usual and no .380whatsoever. WOW what the flip happened? I'll bet it'll all be gone by noon tomorrow.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I was at the Wall Mart near me the other day. I bought a box of 50 Federal Lightning .22 (1240fps) for $1.59 and I think they were that price previously to the best of my recollection. Actually I was looking for some CCI Mini-Mags or Win SuperX but they had none. I noticed that they had no handgun calibers except for .40S&W. So it seems that price is not the issue, but availability is still a problem. Of course, this is just the one store I went to. I will check again in a few days.

OC

"magbum"

Old 11-13-2009, 09:27 PM   #28

Liked 1206 Times on 719 Posts
Likes Given: 383

At walmart today I picked up a 100 rd box of .45 ACP WWB 230 grain for $37 after tax. They also had 50 rd boxes for $28, that doesn't make much sense to me.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 11-18-2009, 01:42 AM   #29

Default cost

china is taking a lot of raw brass and lead.the 380 is made on the same machinery 9 mm is made.they are still working 24/7, 3 shifts.and they are not going to get more machinery.thousands are buying guns and they too want ammo and the reloading comp.are going as fast as they can.when I grew up a box of ammo would last a couple yrs.now people fire 4/5 hundred on a week end.and it has not let up.