Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Local Wal-marts raise ammunition prices (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/local-wal-marts-raise-ammunition-prices-17705/)

Gojubrian 09-04-2009 09:01 PM

Local Wal-marts raise ammunition prices

Handgun ammo went up.

9mm at $9.47 from 8.97
.40 acp $13.97 up from 12.97
.45acp $15.97 up from 14.97

These are 50rd boxes of federal champion range ammo. Wal-Mart is still much less than other places.

robbo60 09-04-2009 09:17 PM

Federal 550 rd. value packs .22lr went to 15.47 from 13.47 but still a good deal on decent plinking ammo.

Gojubrian 09-04-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbo60 (Post 155515)
Federal 550 rd. value packs .22lr went to 15.47 from 13.47 but still a good deal on decent plinking ammo.

Noticed that too. .40acp is still in plenty of supply while 9mm is difficult to find. .45acp is like finding a gold unicorn, I think they are endangered if not extinct. :rolleyes:

tiberius10721 09-05-2009 10:02 PM

All of our guns have been turned into high priced paper weights overnight because of this ammo shortage without a single piece of anti gun legislation being passed. Imagine that. If we had a rebellion against the govt where would our ammo supply come from? I dont believe in stupid conspiracy plots but this is starting to seem intentional as hell. Where is all the ammo? how can everybody be buying it up if there is none to buy? my local gunstore here in turlock rarely gets shipments of ammunition anymore and when they do its not as much as they ordered. I think someone with a large bank account is buying up all the ammo whether its the feds or other countrys. The election has been over for a while now. there is no legit reason the ammo supply is still like this. There has not been enough combat overseas for this shortage to be like this. Military is half the size of what it was in the 80s so there is no way they are using it all up. I think its time to start writing letters to the ammunition companies and ask what the freak is going on! well thats my rant for today.:) Thanks again moderators for letting us rant and rave at this forum:)

Lowrider 09-05-2009 10:40 PM

I believe it is selling. I was at Bass Pro last week and asked it they had .380. When the guy said yes, one guy overheard and bought while another guy immediately call his buddy to see if he wanted any.

I would like to know how much ammo the folks on this forum have available right now. I would say group the answer in three groups: Rifle, handgun, and .22.

I am a lightweight I'm sure, but I have about 500 of each. Might also be interesting to know if you have a lot more or less now than you did 1 year ago.

rupey7 09-06-2009 04:06 AM

I have been keeping more ammo on hand than I have in the past primarily because the prices started to rise. Now it's more difficult to just walk in and buy what you want when you want it, it's turned into a darn Easter egg hunt. :eek:

I have a buddy at work that's been making me reloads which has helped out on the "frequent fire" calibers.

Rifle / 2900 (mostly .223)
Handgun / 750 (mostly .45 and .38 super)
Shotgun / 110 (all 12 gauge)

OC357 09-06-2009 12:00 PM

I also noticed that Wall Mart increased their ammo prices. I was buying .22lr CCI Mini Mags for $5.49 a box of 100 and now they are $6.99 a box. Those are the only ones I buy on a weekly basis so I am not sure of the exact price differences of other calibers. So I guess they all went up.

OC

spittinfire 09-06-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 155521)
Noticed that too. .40acp is still in plenty of supply while 9mm is difficult to find. .45acp is like finding a gold unicorn, I think they are endangered if not extinct. :rolleyes:

Isn't that the truth! There have been 2 rounds that haven't been a problem for me to find, 40 and 44 mag, unfortunately I don't like or shoot a 40 and I couldn't convince my wife the ammo shortage was enough reason for me to buy a 44....I'm wearing her down though.

spittinfire 09-06-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OC357 (Post 156036)
I also noticed that Wall Mart increased their ammo prices. I was buying .22lr CCI Mini Mags for $5.49 a box of 100 and now they are $6.99 a box. Those are the only ones I buy on a weekly basis so I am not sure of the exact price differences of other calibers. So I guess they all went up.

OC

I couldn't tell you the last time any of 4 local wal marts had CCI mini mags. I used to only shoot CCI rimfire stuff because I found it to be more accurate but lately if I see a 550 brick I pick it up. Yesterday I saw a 333 round box of Winchester 22LR, never seen it before but bought it anyway just to play with.

OC357 09-06-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 156043)
I couldn't tell you the last time any of 4 local wal marts had CCI mini mags. I used to only shoot CCI rimfire stuff because I found it to be more accurate but lately if I see a 550 brick I pick it up. Yesterday I saw a 333 round box of Winchester 22LR, never seen it before but bought it anyway just to play with.

Funny....no bricks at our Wall Mart lately - and no CCI's at yours......but I wasn't down your way buying up all your CCI's.....I promise.

OC