load data
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > load data

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 01:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default load data

I was wondering if anyone has used load data from realguns? They call for 64.8gr of reloader 22 for 270 wsm, that just seems like alot from the other load data I have seen for that powder/cartridge. I know to start low and work up but has anyone used their load data before?

If we dont stand together we dont stand a chance. unknown

One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils of the world are to be cured by legislation. Thomas Reed

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-22-2010, 02:11 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'd alway use safety first when reloading, although, Hodgen lists 71-73c grains of H1000 behind a 110 grain Hornady projectile. It appears that cartridge is capable of holding large powder charges.

One of the very best sources for reloading data that I have found is the One Book / One caliber series of manuals. Online orders can be obtain at Loadbooks Bullet Reloading Manuals, Bullets, Reloading, Guns or purchased at many sporting goods stores that handle reloading products. I have one of these manuals for each caliber I reload and trust their data as gospel. They go under the heading of "The Complete Reloading manual for the __________" etc,etc.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:38 AM   #3

Liked 1845 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 1215

+1 on the one book/one caliber. A wealth of information. You can also go to the webste of many powder manufacturers. Hodgden.com is a good site. But it only has data for Hodgden and IMR.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #4

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

straight from WWW.Alliantpowder.com -- Alliant Powder - Reloader's Guide

140 gr SP 65gr, 3,122 fps
150 gr SP 61gr, 3,009 fps
130 gr SP 66gr, 3,228 fps

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?