Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Limits on what caliber/ammo type a gun can fire?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.W. View Post
Mr OC.357, I don´t like bullet jumping. It will to happen when the case is shorter than the case of original caliber.
Then never buy a revolver. Every revolver I know of has bullet jump from the cylinder to barrel. The nice thing about revolvers is they have a more cone shaped cylinder So there is no problem.

Old 01-02-2010, 02:22 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2551 Times on 1339 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Look at your revolver carefully. EVERY revolver has significant bullet jump. It is the nature of the beast. It is not possible to apply bolt action rifle standards to a revolver. The additional jump a "Special" bullet must make in a "Magnum" cylinder is not conducive to the best accuracy, but will not hurt anything.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Look at your revolver carefully. EVERY revolver has significant bullet jump. It is the nature of the beast. It is not possible to apply bolt action rifle standards to a revolver. The additional jump a "Special" bullet must make in a "Magnum" cylinder is not conducive to the best accuracy, but will not hurt anything.
I have found this to be true.

I mostly shoot .357 and ocasionally .38+P and have found no problems. The only difference to me is the noticable difference in recoil between the .38+P and the magnum rounds. Of course I am practicing at handgun range which to me is 50 feet and so I have no real accuracy problem. Oh yeah, and the magnum rounds make more noise...haha....

OC

"magbum"

Old 01-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Then never buy a revolver. Every revolver I know of has bullet jump from the cylinder to barrel. The nice thing about revolvers is they have a more cone shaped cylinder So there is no problem.
Off topic, sorry:
My revolver is Dan Wesson .357 Supermag. I am reloader too. So the bullet jump is minimal for revolver use. But if I use .38Spl cartridge, don´t make me laugh. (I have .38Spl Renato Camba Trident Match 900 for those short cartridges. Also I have T/C G2 Rem Maximum for very short bullet jump at all).

PS: I hope You understand my bad language.
PS2: Do You know Nagant revolver with jumbing cylinder?

Last edited by K.O.W.; 01-03-2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Who cares!