Left v Right based on load?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading >

Left v Right based on load?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1675 Times on 980 Posts
Likes Given: 283

Default Left v Right based on load?

I'm putting off the reloading kit for at least another month...

But, today SWMBO and I went to the range and she was shooting her Bersa .380, and shooting my fav local commercial reloader ammo, and PMC commercial ammo. She noticed that one was shooting left, and the other shooting right. It was pretty consistent. I would have guessed higher and lower (30'), but never left and right. Anecdotal?

On another note, the commercial reloader put together a special combo to try too. Putting 9mm bullets into 380 shells. SWMBO was not a fan, it was spitting the brass back at her head. I forgot to try a couple in my LCP.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-15-2012, 02:00 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

9mm bullets in a .380? They take the same diameter bullets, nothing special there. If youre referring to typical 9mm weight bullets like 115gr, 127gr, 147,gr, etc in a .380 youre going to beat the frame with recoil it wasnt meant to handle and kill your velocity with an overweight bullet. What exactly was your local commercial reloader trying to specially achieve with these loads?

Old 04-15-2012, 03:16 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7173 Times on 3818 Posts
Likes Given: 552

with such heavy bullets they prolly arent stabilizing well with the light 380acp charges and twist of the barrel. so yeah its entirely possible for that to happen when using bullets outsidethe cartridge and gun's performance envelope.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 04-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1675 Times on 980 Posts
Likes Given: 283

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
with such heavy bullets they prolly arent stabilizing well with the light 380acp charges and twist of the barrel. so yeah its entirely possible for that to happen when using bullets outsidethe cartridge and gun's performance envelope.
I probably shouldn't have included the comment about the 9mm bullets with my question Two totally different discussions.

The left and right impact zones were with std .380 bullets. One being commercial bullets, the other being the reloader with his std load using titegroup powder. Don't have the exact measure that he uses. One was shooting right, the other shooting left. Just seemed odd to me.

The second was just a comment on his trying 115(?) 9mm bullets in the .380. It was an experiment he wanted to try, and ran them in his guns first before reaching out to some of his other customers. He wanted to try them in a variety of firearms to see what impact they would have. It was an extension of his making 147 9mm ammo. In the 9mm, the heavier bullet for competitive shooting it is mucho more accurate. But my wife was not found of getting pelted in the head with brass from her .380, and I forgot to run the ammo through my LCP yesterday. Only had a handful of these rounds, and what few I have left I'll give him back.

Sorry for the confusion