Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Lee's Classic Hand Reloader for 223

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 01:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Lee's Classic Hand Reloader for 223

I want to get into reloading, but don't want to get ahead of myself. I want to try the Lee's Classic Hand Reloader for 223. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it, I don't want a full reloading kit because i don't know what I need to start, and I want to give it a try and not spend $100

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-15-2013, 02:12 AM   #2

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

That's not a bad Idea to start with . It will give you an idea if you enjoy it or not . You need to read the stickies for information. I don't know what all comes with it but here are some things you will need . a case trimmer , a deburer , powder scale , case gauge ,hand primer , calipers, resizing die lube, set of dies ,a full length resizing die, bullet seater die and crimper die some powder and shells, caps and that should get you started . I know I forgot something but others will help. Have fun kinda bad time to try and start but keep at it

Old 01-15-2013, 02:22 AM   #3

Liked 1416 Times on 817 Posts
Likes Given: 989

The Lee Classic Loader is not a press type set up. It uses a mallet. I believe it comes with just about everything you need for the one caliber you load with it. If you are just wanting to get your feet wet, I say give it a try. Reloading is addictive. You have been warned!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:02 AM   #4

Liked 627 Times on 407 Posts
Likes Given: 207

Other than the loader you need a hammer or mallet. Also need the powder, primers, and bullets. Only use the exact loads that are listed with the loader. You have to reload only ammo that was shot in YOUR gun because with no resizer it might not chamber in your rifle otherwise. So if you pick up brass at the range or your buddy gives you some brass it might not work. Use only brass you shot in that particular rifle. It is a slow but serviceable reloader. Enjoy.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.