Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Lee reloading equipment, why is it looked down on?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

i would love toknow what was so out of line with my post thatit was deleted.

all i did was state a fact that lee equipment was not of the same quality as other brands, and with that said, that i did use SOME lee equipment myself.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

This thread got more exciting then I thought it would. Thanks for all the input guys. I'll be using my 4 hole turret for a little while yet. I should have said that I dont use it for my 30-06, for that I use a hand loader. Takes a long time but the rounds are great.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 04-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #33

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
i would love toknow what was so out of line with my post thatit was deleted.

all i did was state a fact that lee equipment was not of the same quality as other brands, and with that said, that i did use SOME lee equipment myself.
It was your attitude towards another member that and the remark that that member can't read is what got your post nuked.

Jpatterson is a good member that as far as I have seen has never given out bad info and is always polite.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:00 PM   #34

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 675

Tango, My response was to show the extreme and not the norm of a negative response. The way I see it is if the owner is happy w/ his choice and the outcome is the same, who cares what tool is used. It is the same as what rifle is better in .308, Remington, Winchester, or Howa. My response was not intended to be taken seriously. I think that all the members here bring something to the table. Information is good, it is the way it is conveyed that makes the difference. I apologize to Deth as my response ended up with his post being deleted. JP

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #35

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

patterson you did nothing to get his post nuked. I took your comment just as you wrote it a tongue in cheek.

The attitude back from deth was uncalled for and didn't add anything to the thread. That is why it got reported and the mod agreed with who ever reported it and nuked it.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #36

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well, let me elaborate then, since I was the first from the squad to receive the reported posts.

I read the thread, then read the post in question and the response ( which quoted the reported post ) and agreed with the report. The initial post and attitude about not being able to read added very little to the direction of the thread and is not the kind of interaction we expect around these parts.

Now, I could have nuked the posts, I could have issued a yellow or red card or I could have issued a time out.

Nuking of the posts was warranted, a time out was not.

Everyone had an opinion, but when that opinion is stated as fact, or you engage in a personal back and forth that adds nothing to the thread, you can expect your fellow forum members to report your posts and they will be reviewed & possible action(s) taken.

JD

Old 04-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #37

although i dont want to make this post, as i dont want to drag the op any further off topic, i do want to state some facts.

i could see why my SECOND post was deleted, weather i agree of not, but my first post was a valad reply to the question asked by the op.

i didn not state an opinion, i stated a fact. i stated the fact that although i feel that there are lee products that are perfectly servicable, and even preferred with a little alteration, the fact of the matter is that their products do not show the consistent quality of other manufacturers. they dont have as stingent of a quality control. i dont see how that can be viewed as an opinion.

i DID NOT appreciate the comment made afterwards where words were put in my mouth that im an eletist and sh!t on everyone who uses lee products, especially when i clearly stated that i use lee products. i think it would only be natural that some of my anger at that would come through in my second post. i can tolerate many things, but i CAN NOT stand things like that. putting words in my mouth acusing me of saying things that anoyone could clearly see i wasnt saying.

with that said, sorry to interupt the thread any further. carry on.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I think we need a Chevy versus Ford thread now. Don't even want to talk about Chrysler.

TXnorton

Old 04-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
although i dont want to make this post, as i dont want to drag the op any further off topic, i do want to state some facts.

i could see why my SECOND post was deleted, weather i agree of not, but my first post was a valad reply to the question asked by the op.

i didn not state an opinion, i stated a fact. i stated the fact that although i feel that there are lee products that are perfectly servicable, and even preferred with a little alteration, the fact of the matter is that their products do not show the consistent quality of other manufacturers. they dont have as stingent of a quality control. i dont see how that can be viewed as an opinion.

i DID NOT appreciate the comment made afterwards where words were put in my mouth that im an eletist and sh!t on everyone who uses lee products, especially when i clearly stated that i use lee products. i think it would only be natural that some of my anger at that would come through in my second post. i can tolerate many things, but i CAN NOT stand things like that. putting words in my mouth acusing me of saying things that anoyone could clearly see i wasnt saying.

with that said, sorry to interupt the thread any further. carry on.
Deth, I have apologized here and in a PM. Although my intentions were intended not as a personal attack, but as an idea as to how a thread/response is perceived by others. I got your attention and you are peeved. If you Feel so strongly about a subject, PM a mod! They will tell you if your right or wrong to a point. There are so many grey areas in our sport, there is no finite answer. JP

Old 04-27-2010, 09:05 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXnorton View Post
I think we need a Chevy versus Ford thread now. Don't even want to talk about Chrysler.

Trucks? Power Wagon!!! I am Mopar to the bone!