Lee reloading equipment, why is it looked down on? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Lee reloading equipment, why is it looked down on?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 07:32 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

i have a lee auto priming tool and a auto disk powder drop and they work great didn't pay the big bucks like rcbs but they haven't failed me yet

Old 04-26-2010, 09:39 PM   #22

Liked 751 Times on 525 Posts
Likes Given: 794

I still use my original Lee O press. Big piece of Cast steel. Still use my hand primer, scale, powder measure. 15 years and not one issue.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:03 AM   #23

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

deth I think you need to change your tone.

As far as Craftsman or snap-on. Both are Made in the USA (Except Blue point) and both will last you a life time same as RCBS and Dillon.

I would have bought a RCBS Pro 2000 Auto index but it was out of my price range. If you have never seen one of these then to say RCBS doesn't compare to Dillon your an idiot. Dillon uses Cast aluminum for their frame where RCBS uses cast Iron. If that ain't built to last 5 lifetimes this nothing is.

Like I said before I would rather have someone start loading on a cheap lee kit then to think they need to top of the line press to start with.

As far as top of the line single stage there are 3 that come to mind, RCBS Rock Chucker, Redding ULTRAMAG, Forster Co-Ax

Now if you want to talk quality in powder measures then RCBS, Redding, Lee, Dillon, Hornady all suck big time. They are ok for us but if you want the best then you need to get one of these Harrell Classic Culver Powder Measure So why did you buy such a crappy powder measure? When clearly these are the best out there why would you buy anything else?

Old 04-27-2010, 02:20 AM   #24

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Some of the mods here and long time members can talk sh!t, they have earned it.
No one here should be talking sh*t. People ask questions. They should receive real world experience and facts, not conjecture or Interwebz BS.

Everyone play nice and please discuss facts. Running down someone's stuff, especially if they are new here, does NOT bode well for our forum.

I would expect more of our members quite frankly.

JD

Old 04-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #25

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

i have the lee 3 hole turret & big O frame classic and have not had one issue.have a rock chucker also,(in closet)..i've loaded everything from 32acp up to 3006 and the big classic press is great for turning 3006 cases into 8mm and anything else with ease...as for lee dies,no problems either...not for the last 9years of having and using them..i bought some .223 hornady dies and the first time i used them case got stuck and i gave the dies to my bro-n-law...of course it prob wasnt the dies...it was the operators fault,but i have never had one case stick while using lee dies.not saying i want,now...now some people have to admit that lee's factory crimp dies are better than most!lees powder measure isnt to bad either...even if i could afford the high priced stuff...(i win lottery)...i'd still use lee's products

Old 04-27-2010, 02:39 AM   #26

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
But from the time I opened the box to current day my Dillon has not had a single problem. Plus I have a lifetime no BS warranty. Really when Mr. Dillon says no BS he means it. press caught in a fire they will replace it. Press falls out of a chopper they will replace it. You use it as a sledge hammer they will replace it.
Well... from the time I opened my Lee Classic 4 hole Turret press I haven't had one problem. The primer feed works flawlessly as do all my RCBS dies. So what is your point. I don't have a Dillon but I hear they are great presses. Personally I do not shoot enough to justify the cost of a Dillon. What irritates me are the narrow minded people who, because they have had a bad experience with a manufacturer at one time, trash all the products made by that manufacturer. Very small minded in my opinion. I challenge anyone to try a Classic Turret and see if they don't agree.

BTW... This is the first Lee product other than an Autoprime I have owned. Till now all RCBS.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:46 AM   #27

Liked 2033 Times on 1118 Posts
Likes Given: 1351

I have a Lee hand press. I later got an RCBS single stage press. I still use the LEE to process brass. It's nice to sit in my chair and watch tv with my wife. I have LEE dies as well as RCBS and Lyman. I have a Lee hand primer. The RCBS and Lyman stuff is higher quality, no doubt about it. But my Lee stuff is still going stong. I have only broken one decapper. It was an RCBS. I have bullet molds from LEE and Lyman. I broke a sprue handle on a Lee mold. They replaced it for free. No questions asked. I have molded over ten thousand bullets and loaded thousands of rounds with Lee. No real problems yet.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:54 AM   #28

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Narrow Minded??

Quote:
Originally Posted by palabman View Post
Well... from the time I opened my Lee Classic 4 hole Turret press I haven't had one problem. The primer feed works flawlessly as do all my RCBS dies. So what is your point. I don't have a Dillon but I hear they are great presses. Personally I do not shoot enough to justify the cost of a Dillon. What irritates me are the narrow minded people who, because they have had a bad experience with a manufacturer at one time, trash all the products made by that manufacturer. Very small minded in my opinion. I challenge anyone to try a Classic Turret and see if they don't agree.

BTW... This is the first Lee product other than an Autoprime I have owned. Till now all RCBS.
palabman, to start with-Welcome to FTF. You really need to go over to the intro section to let people get to know you.
I do not see "Narrow Minded" info being spread on this thread. What I see is information on experiences with most all of the brands of ammo mfg. tools.
If you should decide to stay in our group (FTF), I would suggest that you may tone down your attitude a little. Again welcome in-have fun+speak up..

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 04-27-2010, 05:07 AM   #29

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
I would suggest that you may tone down your attitude a little
1st off... thanks for the welcome

2nd... do you disagree with my statement?
Quote:
What irritates me are the narrow minded people who, because they have had a bad experience with a manufacturer at one time, trash all the products made by that manufacturer
I have been on enough lists/forums and witnessed exactly what I stated above. People who have had a bad experience with a manufacturer and tend to trash them any time they can. This is not helpful to the OP and it is also kinda dishonest. Do I really have to go through and quote all the negative posts that Lee gets?

Again... I am not a Lee shareholder and have only owned RCBS/Lyman/Redding products in the past.

I just don't think that it is helpful to the OP to post Lee sucks posts without elaborating. But that's just me.

Sorry if I PO anyone.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:36 AM   #30

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Not starting a flam war.

But from the time I opened the box to current day my Dillon has not had a single problem. Plus I have a lifetime no BS warranty. Really when Mr. Dillon says no BS he means it. press caught in a fire they will replace it. Press falls out of a chopper they will replace it. You use it as a sledge hammer they will replace it.

My RCBS RS5 press has been through 3 owners and still is going strong. My RCBS Uniflow has been through 3 owners and it is still going strong. I sent the powder measure back to RCBS and they fixed it the only thing not brand new was the casing. They did all that for the cost of shipping it to them.

That right there is why I use Dillon and RCBS.
well hell send me one as a gift tango.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.