Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Lee Pacesetter 3-Die Set for 223 rem.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Lee Pacesetter 3-Die Set for 223 rem.

Does anyone have expirence with the Lee Pacesetter 3-die rifle set.i believe it comes with a full length sizing die/decapping die,a bullet seating die with roll crimp and a factory crimp die . I think it also comes with a shell holder, powder dipper, and load data. I'm new to reloading so I bought a simple lee single stage press to get the feel for it, I also bought the lee Pacesetter 3 die set for 223 rem. I bought the lee ram priming unit and the lee case trimmer I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I need anythingu else besides brass bullets powder primers a powder scale ect, or is this all I need to start reloading

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2551 Times on 1339 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Primer pocket cleaner. Some means to clean the cases. Dial caliber. Case trimmer (you will need to trim .223). Sizing lube (Imperial sizing wax is my favorite, and I have used dozens of different things). Chamfering tool.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #3

Liked 41 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I have been using the 223 Pacesetter dies for 7 or eight years now and really like them. Especially the feature the allows the decapping rod to move upward when you try to reload a range pickup berdan primed case. I got tired of the decapping pins and some time the decapping rod breaking with my RCBS 223 dies.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:12 AM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1081 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 507

I'd also suggest getting the ABC's of Reloading book,as well as several reloading data manuals and read them thoroughly before you start trying to load any cartridges.
If your shooting a bolt action rifle,you could also buy a neck sizing die.It will save your brass from being over worked when full length sizing,and the cases will last longer.If your shooting a semi-auto,you will need to full length size the cases.