Lee Classic Turret

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Lee Classic Turret

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Lee Classic Turret

Will be getting one for Christmas. Do I have to use CCI primers as the Lee Reloaders Manual suggests? Will be loading 45 ACP and later on, 40 S&W. Thanks.

".... If there's something wrong, those who have the ability to take action have the responsibility to take action."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #2

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I have 7 reloading presses set up. Every type from Dillion to RCBS, Lyman and Forester Co-Ax. I never considered the LEE presses as they simply did not look all that good. I can not pass up deals on reloading presses. I now have a little LEE turret added to my collection.
I really like the little LEE. I use it for small batch reloading. They are fragile and ornery at times. The small plastic bushings that rotate the head are very tender. I have been able to epoxy these cut them out and continue their use. As for the funky primer feed it will work at times and is hard to adjust for positive feed. You will develop nice Abs from bending over and picking up primers from the floor. I do not like the CCI primers. That said, you will use CCI primers or you will be sorry. Other primers work but will choke up in the feed tube. Good luck!

Old 12-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 572 Times on 333 Posts
Likes Given: 176

I use CCI, Winchester, TulAmmo, Magtech and Remington small and large pistol primers and haven't had an issue with any of them. good luck

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member