Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Lee auto prime xr issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Lee auto prime xr issue

Im new to reloading so i may be overlooking something easy here but i cant seem to get my shell holder in the autoprime??? Im using the correct small primer case and when i press down to insert my #19 shell holder it wont go in? It appears that its hitting the second ram??? im using the shell holder from the lee delux 4 carbide set for 9mm, it should work right?

Anybody else have this issue???

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1155 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 556

Are you trying to use the shell holder for the reloading dies in the Hand primer? If so,that's the wrong shell holder.You will need to buy the shell holders for the Hand primer.

These are what you need-
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/566058/lee-auto-prime-hand-priming-tool-shellholder-package-of-11?cm_vc=sugv1413473

Old 03-30-2013, 03:56 AM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 42

It also sounds like you are trying to put the shell holder in after the primer tray. The shell holder gord into the handle first, then the primer tray, then the lever and linkage. I hope you like your auto prime, and reloading as a whole.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #4

Thanks for the help guys, just ordered the correct shell holder.