Lead Sources in Kalifornia ? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Lead Sources in Kalifornia ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 02:34 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post

How do they know if someone is using the lead ammo for hunting or for plinking? Did they make it so that you can't buy lead ammo, or can you still buy lead ammo but just can't use it to hunt?
I have no idea. I don't pretend to understand the convoluted draconian laws here.

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:57 AM   #32
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11540

Game wardens do spot checks when you are hunting. They cut one of your bullets to see if it is lead unless you have the packaging they came in, and even then some will still ruin an expensive bullet. And no, they don't reimburse. You can't use any kind of lead bullets for hunting, period. They will even bust you if you are carrying any while hunting though I don't know if this is legal or not- as long as there are no lead rounds loaded into the firearm I can't see how they could prove one way or the other if you were planning on target shooting with the lead or you intended on hunting with it.

Game officers can and do legally enter posted private property to patrol by the way. I heard there was a reality TV show that was being filmed in and around Hollister CA (an area where I do hunt and currently requires lead free ammo for hunting) and the local hunters said the show made matters much, much worse on them. I have no idea if the show has made it to TV yet though.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.