Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   LE only? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/le-only-81192/)

clr8ter 01-13-2013 03:51 PM

LE only?

The case of Hornady Critical Duty I ordered recently came in. Right on the individual boxes in big letters, it says, "For Law Enforcement Only" Why do they bother putting that on there, if it gets sold to whoever wants it?

drvsafe 01-13-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clr8ter
The case of Hornady Critical Duty I ordered recently came in. Right on the individual boxes in big letters, it says, "For Law Enforcement Only" Why do they bother putting that on there, if it gets sold to whoever wants it?

Limits liability.

They told you so, but you didn't listen.

Donn 01-13-2013 05:05 PM

If you ever wind up in court for a shooting incident, (God forbid), Mr. Bad Guy's attorney will use this ammo to portray you to the jury as a blood thirsty gun slinger who couldn't wait for an excuse to shoot somebody.

John_Deer 01-13-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donn (Post 1091987)
If you ever wind up in court for a shooting incident, (God forbid), Mr. Bad Guy's attorney will use this ammo to portray you to the jury as a blood thirsty gun slinger who couldn't wait for an excuse to shoot somebody.

Most states that have a Castle Doctrine or a Stand Your Ground law also have a law stating you can not be sued for shooting in self defense. Here in NC if you are in civil court over a shooting that is the least of your problems. Your biggest problem is when Bubba gets a little frisky late at night.

clr8ter 01-13-2013 11:14 PM

So using the Hornady Critical Defense ammo that uses the exact same bullet would
(potentially) not cause those problems? Sounds like we might be talking an over-exciteable prosecutor, huh?

JonM 01-13-2013 11:19 PM

a good defensive action is a good action. doesnt matter if you use a 155 howitzer or paintball gun.

the reason its on the box is because some communist states restrict certain types of ammo to le only. since you have some your not in one of those states

clr8ter 01-13-2013 11:25 PM

True. NH is pretty easygoing. We score very low on the Brady bill quiz! I was not aware that certain states restricted ammo like that. Although, it's not surprising......

ctshooter 01-13-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clr8ter
True. NH is pretty easygoing. We score very low on the Brady bill quiz! I was not aware that certain states restricted ammo like that. Although, it's not surprising......

Read through some of California's gun laws sometime.

downsouth 01-13-2013 11:34 PM

I just got some Federal HST HP +P 9mm with the same warning on it. I just figured I got the good chit. I certainly wasn't sending it back.

armsmaster270 01-13-2013 11:36 PM

Some of the experts say the best defense is that you are using the same ammo issued to the police instead of super duper max load man killers. If it is good enough for the police it is good enough for you. Except in New Jersey.