Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > lack of .357 and .38s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default lack of .357 and .38s

I have been able to find just about everything when it comes to ammo here and there with the exception of 357 and .38s here in Idaho. I was able to find one box of 26 rounds Horndy yesterday at Cabelas but that was it seemed in the whole town of Boise. Has everyone been having the same trouble? Talked to on vender that said those two rounds are the only one there seems to be a real shortage they get every thing else in it just get bought up right away but they don’t get much .357 or .38 in.

Dave

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Denis Diderot

Last edited by David26; 04-11-2009 at 03:27 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It seems ammunition is pretty scarce, as well as ridiculously priced these days.

I would hazard that .38/.357 is a popular round in your area and thus in short supply.

There's ammunition out there available, but the prices are insane.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-12-2009, 12:34 AM   #3

Same deal here in NV. I was able to score a 250 pack of UMC a couple months ago but since then I haven't seen any .38 or .357 at any of the big stores. My local shop has almost everything but the prices are around 3 bucks overpriced per 50.

I was lucky enough to score 2 boxes of .357 and a box of .38 yesterday at walmart. First time Ive seen ANY .357 or .38 at walmart in months.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:17 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The Big Show gunshow is next weekend in Reno if you can make it. Miwall should have a bunch of ammo, but you'll have to get there early.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-12-2009, 01:27 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

When I go shopping in Walmart, I always make it down to the ammo/hunting section. There has been NOTHING on the shelves for handgun ammo. I mean NOTHING. The bottom shelves are full of shotgun ammo, there's a few scattered boxes of rifle ammo, and the handgun shelf has nothing on it. The gun shops around where I live have very few boxes of any kind of ammo. As soon as it hits the shelves, the next guy into the store buys it all, or so I've been told. There is even a shortage of 22lr here.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 04-12-2009, 02:16 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Our walmart shelves have been bare at least 3 or 4 weeks now . I went in yesterday and they were fully stocked . Picked me up a few boxes.

Any gun owner that voted for obama is a gun owner I don't trust with a gun !

Old 04-12-2009, 04:02 AM   #7

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

the wallyworld here has plenty of .38slp. but no .357's...and whats worse than that....they dont have no bulk buy bricks or cartons of 22lr?.every week the old lady and me buy everything from groceries to gear oil..and everytime i check on the ammo...man this is getting ridiculous!

Old 04-12-2009, 04:54 AM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post
the wallyworld here has plenty of .38slp. but no .357's...and whats worse than that....they dont have no bulk buy bricks or cartons of 22lr?.every week the old lady and me buy everything from groceries to gear oil..and everytime i check on the ammo...man this is getting ridiculous!
In my little town we have 3 choices to buy ammo. A over-priced sporting goods store, Wal Mart, and the local Ace Hardware.

The sporting goods store never has anything in stock except a few hunting rounds (ie. .270 30-06 etc.) at $24-$40 per 20 rd. box.

Wal Mart has 22's and 12 ga. (but nothing bigger then 7 1/2 shot).

The local Ace Hardware has everything (except maybe 12 ga., I haven't looked for it there). CCI .22 Mini-Mags are about $2 cheaper than at Wally-World ($4.99/100rds. at ACE) and they're the ONLY place that has .308 in town. Actually they don't even have .308 any more. All they have is 7.62x51 for $15.99/20rd. box).

Every pay check, I try to buy 500 rds. of the CCIs and a 20rd. box of the 7.62x51.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 04-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My thing is if you get there when there putting the crap out on the selfs they seem to get in tons of 9mm and 45acp .380 22lr and so on it just gets bought up real quik but they never seem to be getting in any .357 or .38s at all.

Dave

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Denis Diderot

Old 04-13-2009, 02:21 AM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Try Ammunition To Go back in Nov. they were the only one I could find that had .357 FMJ, at a decent price. I don't know what Else they have, I was just looking for FMJs because I wanted something to pierce Kevlar.

Also only, the brand they had was Fiocchi. The reviews looked ok, but I've never tried it.

Has anyone else used this brand? Is it any good?

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000