just getting into it
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > just getting into it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default just getting into it

The other day a coworker approached me because he heard I was into reloading sadly I had to inform him I was not but wanted to be. He informed me that his step father had been involved in reloading pretty extensively but had passed away in june. He offered to sell his reloading stuff to me for $150 though at the time he only mentioned 1 press and a number of dies and other small tools it was quite a deal. I accepted and took possession a few days later. In the boxes were 2 presses one a single stage lee pretty old but in good condition the other was a lyman easy shotshell loader set up for 12ga. 12 die sets ranging from 9mm to 300 wm. Primers for small and large pistol and rifle. Powder scale various bullets and brass. 5-7 lbs of shot. Muzzleloading components. And a number of measuring calipers and sizing gauges, bullet pullers, etc. I was floored. My coworker said he knew it was worth more but he wanted someone to use it and appreciate it so he sold it to me. He also said that he was sure there was more but all of it was speed out so if he came across more he'd bring it to me. Most of the equipment was dirty and unorganized so I've had my hands full cleaning it up and cataloging it. But i'll never complain. Its a great start for a great price.

Fear not the recoil, love it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #2

Liked 2032 Times on 1118 Posts
Likes Given: 1350

Smoking deal. The dies alone are worth more than you paid for everything!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's a great deal and a great co-worker.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #4

Liked 764 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Great deal. I'm glad you got so the stuff can be used.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

You got a deal indeed.