Jhp - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading >

Jhp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Many views...

Load your own. Makes the best (for your weapon) and cheapest.

It's a .45ACP.... Target loads that just lope along are devastating on 'ZOMBIES' or other targets of the same size. I load 200 grain lead SWCs, only.

Buy one box of each brand and test them in your weapon/s. If they run like greased ....., you get the idea, that's the type to buy. Watch for sales and buy when (if ever) the prices are right.

Buy a box or two each week/payday/month and pack them away. Back in the dark ages (45 or so years ago), I was stationed in central Montana and would buy a brick (500 rounds) of .22RFs each month ($3.78 per brick at Don's Sport Shop - don't know if it is still there). After 28 months I was transferred to upstate New York. I had maybe 4 or 5 boxes of .22s left (I think I still have some of those). So, put your SHTF ammo away or if your like everyone else, it will be gone.

Your best bet is to load your own. You will have better stuff for less cash. Build your loads with one batch of brass. Then load your stock with new or once fired brass.

OSOK

Old 08-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2155 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 1393

Whatever you decide to do run at least a couple boxes through your gun first just to be sure your gun likes it. I would hate to be sitting on 1000 rounds that my gun doesnt like.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Newest Threads