I'm gonna start reloading and I need help. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > I'm gonna start reloading and I need help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Add me to the list of people who say not wanting to buy a reloading manual makes absolutely no sense. For sure the first thing you need to get is a good reloading manual. I have bought several reloading manuals since I started more than 30 years ago and I still have the first one. You say you don't know what to get to get started in reloading. Well, a manual will provide that information. There will always be people out there who think they can figure it all out on their own but they are the ones more likely to have an accident and/ or produce unreliable loads. Do it right, get a manual.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00possum View Post
I want to start reloading ammo but I don't know what to get and don't want to buy a reloading book. I'm thinking of getting a reloading kit by lee ( Challenger Breech Lock Single Stage Press Anniversary Kit ) what else do I need?
I,m sorry but you are not ready to reloade anything . Maybe in ten years or more you will see that reloading is a serious business and not a simple chore . You should read all the books you can find/buy first . I have over 40 years of loading experience and still go back to the first book I ever bought . If you are thinking you just like cheaper ammo and that is your only reason to reload your not ready .

If you do reload please shoot by your self on your own range .

Old 06-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #13

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Most kabooms are the result of ammo related problems. The highest percentage of ammo related problems are the product of reloaded ammunition. I honestly would like for you to be safe (both your person and those around you) and enjoy many years of shooting and sharing your experiences with us. This is not something that should be taken lightly. Please read a couple reloading books and then think to yourself if you really want to do so.

I've personally read the ABCs and Hornady reloading book. A couple times. I read reloading forums. I've decided that I don't shoot enough to warrant the time and energy (and the space in my house) it takes to learn to manufacture ammunition.

Take a look here
http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=56306
and imagine having to hold them when they kaboom'd.

Old 06-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #14

Liked 1803 Times on 1003 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

Do you have a bunch of guns you plan on blowing up? Got a bunch of friends you are hoping to hurt? Be sure to bring a first aid kit with you.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:39 AM   #15

Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have the lee 1st edition and the latest edition and I love them both. I know some people here are not fans of Lee products but I think he did a good job with his reloading manuals.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #16
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1718 Times on 888 Posts
Likes Given: 1332

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00possum View Post
I want to start reloading ammo but I don't know what to get and don't want to buy a reloading book. I'm thinking of getting a reloading kit by lee ( Challenger Breech Lock Single Stage Press Anniversary Kit ) what else do I need?
Posted 11-26-2011, 04:40 PM

Old 07-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
don't want to buy a reloading book
Just how were you planning on learning about reloading?
Youe don't acquire reloading expertise via osmosis. I've
been reloading for over 40 years and I have many
reloading books. Reloading is a serious hobby and should
be taken seriously. You will not learn all about
reloading overnight. Start with a basic kit and go from
there.
Certified in napping
Certified in BBQ on the Green Egg