Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > If you could create one from scratch...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 06:04 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez
How 'bout 7.7-06? (For a sporter Arisaka of course!)
Trez-it already exists. Its a lazerone cartridge......one of the few that isn't a belted magnum. The title escapes me at the moment but ill find it.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I would like to make some custom Zombie/ demon ammo. I was thinking 45acp because amost everyone has one and it readily accessable.

I would like nickle cases for the bling, hollow point filled with fresh roasted garlic and topped and sealed with silver dust to seal it and moled in the tip would be a cross in the silver seal.

That would be the perfect defense round for any Zombie or Satanic creatiures.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:04 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmboyz
I would like to make some custom Zombie/ demon ammo. I was thinking 45acp because amost everyone has one and it readily accessable.

I would like nickle cases for the bling, hollow point filled with fresh roasted garlic and topped and sealed with silver dust to seal it and moled in the tip would be a cross in the silver seal.

Hahahaha id pick some up, never can be too careful these days...

Old 06-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #14

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spad2137 View Post
If you had everything needed to start from scratch to custom make your own caliber (money, tools, knowledge, etc) what would you create?... Varmint? Target? Large game? Handgun?
At first my thoughts were, 'Why?', what's out there works well and has been refined over the years.
Then I got into the thought.

Keeping it simple, I will go only with pistol rounds.

For hunting with a pistol, a large fat heavy bullet traveling pretty fast meets my criteria. That sounds like a .44 Mag. And a revolver handles all sorts of loads indiscriminately.

For self defense, a large fat, but not so fat that magazine capacities suffer, medium weight expanding bullet at reasonable velocity out of a solid auto loader, is my standard on need. That is a .45ACP or to a lesser degree a .40S&W.

Yes, there are several other existing rounds that can or could meet the above requirements but this is what I'm working with.

The .44 Mag is actually .429/.430... The .45ACP is actually .451/.452... We will split the difference with a true caliber of .440. Two cases are needed. One being a longer heavy rimmed version for use in a revolver. The second being a shorter rimless version for use in an auto.
Chamber up your favored revolver and auto loader for the appropriate case. Load up 180 to 200 grain SWC to 1000 to 1200 FPS for the auto and what ever you want for the revolver. Utilize the same concept as the 1917 Colt/S&W revolvers for .45ACPs, use 'C' or 'O' clips, the 'moon clips', in the revolver.

The premiss is or was 'custom make your own caliber' and that is mine. In reality, I'll stick with my .44s and .45s and .40 cals and deal with non interchangeable ammunition. After all, what we have has been and is continually being refined. I'm please with what is out there.

Be safe,

Enjoy,

OSOK

Old 06-24-2012, 04:20 AM   #15

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmboyz

Would this help against people possessed by bath salts as well.. I live near miami