If i load ten a day

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > If i load ten a day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Default If i load ten a day

That's goin to be 300 a month of course this has to be beyond what I shoot not in clouded ... Ok so that 10 a day , 300 a month that' makes 3300 a year . That's my goal as of a week ago . I like to hand load mine I don't use the other stations on my lee progressive . Just ain't accurate

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 357 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That's a smart move. I dot know why I never though to load a couple a day. Im thinking I might make a stop somewhere for an ammo can, pick up some more brass that start doing this. I rarely seem to shoot Nd maybe go through fifty or so when I do.

So guess if I only shoot once a month, I've got 250ish left. Seems like a good start.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #3

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

You load 10 rounds a day you'll be going so slow that you'll fall asleep.
I always break my loading into 100 round lots and do each set until that step is totally done for all the rounds.
That way I'll do 100 at a time for depriming and sizing until all of my cases are done. Then I'll move to flaring the necks and do 100 at a time until that's done. Then I move inside to my RCBS Handi Primer and prime em' 100 at a time until they're done. Then it's back in the garage for powder and bullet, you guessed it, 100 at a time until that's done.
I load on a single stage so it's just easier to do each step until that step is totally done before changing out my die to the next one in line.
Of course it's your time, you load as many or as few as ya' want but I'd rather get it done and have time to do other things AND have my ammo in boxes ready to go then do 10 a day.

This is the War Room!"

Old 04-22-2013, 02:28 AM   #4

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Quote:
You load 10 rounds a day you'll be going so slow that you'll fall asleep.
Maybe not fall asleep, but you will surely make mistakes. Unless you are willing to check all you settings each time you sit down to load the next ten rounds. Especially the powder measure or scale and correct any changes that have occured, you are setting yourself up for an accident.

Better method would be to make 100 rounds, then take 2 or 3 days off and then start over again being sure to check all steps over again before starting. Make another 100 round and then start over again 2 or 3 days later. Repeat as needed.

Jim
Old 04-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6020 Times on 3410 Posts
Likes Given: 5633

Thank you. That's a great idea!

Winston Churchill

Old 04-23-2013, 12:32 AM   #6

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim

Maybe not fall asleep, but you will surely make mistakes. Unless you are willing to check all you settings each time you sit down to load the next ten rounds. Especially the powder measure or scale and correct any changes that have occured, you are setting yourself up for an accident.

Better method would be to make 100 rounds, then take 2 or 3 days off and then start over again being sure to check all steps over again before starting. Make another 100 round and then start over again 2 or 3 days later. Repeat as needed.

Jim
Like I said in my post I hand load or hand weigh every load individually I don't see how it would me anymore dangerous then 100 at a time if anything it's safer. Much more accurate anyways. Sure you could load a 100 and take a few days off , the 10 a day is something I'm experimenting with. It seems 10 is how many I can get done before my daughter will need something ! Lol

Old 04-23-2013, 03:44 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6020 Times on 3410 Posts
Likes Given: 5633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderribbs View Post
Like I said in my post I hand load or hand weigh every load individually I don't see how it would me anymore dangerous then 100 at a time if anything it's safer. Much more accurate anyways. Sure you could load a 100 and take a few days off , the 10 a day is something I'm experimenting with. It seems 10 is how many I can get done before my daughter will need something ! Lol
WOW!!!

I weigh one charge every time I change the primer magazine tube (100 rounds)

Winston Churchill

Old 04-23-2013, 05:23 AM   #8

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

That sounds like the old ? How much wood can a wood chuck, chuck if a wood??? That was a childish concept also.