I want to get into reloading - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > I want to get into reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #11
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1977 Times on 1071 Posts
Likes Given: 587

There are more places to buy reloading gear than at Cabelas. Check around for delivered prices and keep it simple to start. Pick out 1 cartridge to load and learn from there.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 10-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #12
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21581 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

check out Midway and MidSouth Shooters Supply. both of these carry anything related to reloading and carry all the brands. plus they carry all kinds of brass for even a lot of oddball calibers. they both have great service and fast shipping. i use both of them. if you place an order with them, you can get free catalogs too. i have bought lots of my reloading equipment from them.

if you need powder and primer, if possible try to source it local, because if you order it, they charge you a $25 hazmat fee on top of the order to ship it.

if possible order a complete kit from Lee or RCBS and the only thing that you need is the dies, powder, primers, and bullets to start reloading.

also see about finding that book others suggested, ABC's of Reloading, excellent book, i have it and find lots of information that is truly helpful in it. another good book is the reloading manual by Lee, it also has a lot of information in it about reloading. and also buy several different reloading manuals, Sierra, Speer, Hornady, Nosler, ect. ect. reason is, some will carry different calibers and loads the others don't, plus some carry different powders than others. good luck.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:18 PM   #13
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Yeah, MidwayUSA.com and I are on first name basis......but i have also found you can get some really KILLER deals on flEaBay

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-27-2011, 07:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Yeah, MidwayUSA.com and I are on first name basis......but i have also found you can get some really KILLER deals on flEaBay
fmj, i keep both as shortcuts on my computer! their prices are decent too.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #15
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
fmj, i keep both as shortcuts on my computer! their prices are decent too.

LOL...same here. Wife says its a sickness.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #16

Quote:
LOL...same here. Wife says its a sickness.
i'm lucky, my wife supports my sickness! she is also having a blast shooting my new Ruger Mark III 22/45 pistol! i went last weekend and bought three bulk boxes of 550 rounds of 22lr. with the marlin m60 now, i need to go get some more!

Old 10-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #17
fmj

Quote:
i'm lucky, my wife supports my sickness! she is also having a blast shooting my new Ruger Mark III 22/45 pistol! i went last weekend and bought three bulk boxes of 550 rounds of 22lr. with the marlin m60 now, i need to go get some more!
I cant reload fast enough to suit the youngest and wife...between the two i hardly get any time behind the guns anymore. I NEED to get a Mark II!!

But yeah, the wifes supports my addiction...she sees/has seen too many folks addicted to drugs/alcohol/cigarettes.....whenever she starts to think about going on/off about the cost of this addiction she understands it could be something else/much worse i could be addicted to.

Instead of roaming the streets/pissing paychecks down the urinal at the bars/strip clubs, i am in my basement reloading or at a gun show/gun shop or at the range. (with her or the youngest)

Last edited by fmj; 10-27-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #18

Quote:
I cant reload fast enough to suit the youngest and wife...between the two i hardly get any time behind the guns anymore. I NEED to get a Mark II!!
i bought my Mk III about two months ago, and really have fun shooting it. i had to buy some more mags for it, and now i'm thinking i am going to buy a scope for it. the little gun is so much fun to shoot.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:43 PM   #19
fmj

Quote:
i bought my Mk III about two months ago, and really have fun shooting it. i had to buy some more mags for it, and now i'm thinking i am going to buy a scope for it. the little gun is so much fun to shoot.
Not to mention inexpensive.

I shot sillhoute comp. as a kid with my dads Mark II....but he sold the dern thing just before he died I need to find one!

Old 10-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Not to mention inexpensive.

I shot sillhoute comp. as a kid with my dads Mark II....but he sold the dern thing just before he died I need to find one!
i wanted the Mk II, but i ended up buying the Mk III one day when i was picking up a scope i had ordered. it kept whispering, buy me, buy me! so i did. i had been wanting to buy one for years anyways.