Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   I Must Be Blessed (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/i-must-blessed-85539/)

cottontop 03-01-2013 09:38 PM

I Must Be Blessed

I visited one of the LGS's today and I was surprised to see that he was pretty well stocked. He had lots of powder and primers. So, I bought some powder and primers. I usually buy those items at gun shows as they seem to be a little cheaper than gun shop prices. His primers were a little high, but this shop has always been a little higher priced on most items anyway. His powder prices were very reasonable. I guess I am blessed as I can continue shooting every Friday morning just as if nothing has changed as I am stocked up for reloading again. YEAH!!!!!!
ct

shadecorp 03-01-2013 10:10 PM

Great!
Enjoy.

jigs-n-fixture 03-03-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cottontop
I visited one of the LGS's today and I was surprised to see that he was pretty well stocked. He had lots of powder and primers. So, I bought some powder and primers. I usually buy those items at gun shows as they seem to be a little cheaper than gun shop prices. His primers were a little high, but this shop has always been a little higher priced on most items anyway. His powder prices were very reasonable. I guess I am blessed as I can continue shooting every Friday morning just as if nothing has changed as I am stocked up for reloading again. YEAH!!!!!!
ct

After this stupid phase ends, are you going to reward him for being there?

cottontop 03-03-2013 03:17 AM

Haven't I already rewarded him by buying from him?
ct

jigs-n-fixture 03-03-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cottontop
Haven't I already rewarded him by buying from him?
ct

When the stupid phase ends he will once again have a slightly higher in price than you can find at the big boxes, and the Internet.

If you want him to be around you need to throw him a bone.

tri70 03-03-2013 02:22 PM

You are blessed! I have 3-4 places I can drive to but lately everything has been scarce. I have scored some bullets and powder in the last couple months for later use. I stocked up before hand seeing the storm on the horizon. Had a great day shooting yesterday with my kids, went thru 100 rds without worry.

cottontop 03-03-2013 04:42 PM

lgs

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigs-n-fixture (Post 1161616)
When the stupid phase ends he will once again have a slightly higher in price than you can find at the big boxes, and the Internet.

If you want him to be around you need to throw him a bone.

He's been there over 30 years. He's not going anywhere.
ct

langenc 03-04-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cottontop (Post 1161926)
He's been there over 30 years. He's not going anywhere.
ct

Dont bet on it. 30 yrs and he is thinking about going fishing.

Keep in mind his kids dont want anypart of the business. He will have to close when he is done.

cottontop 03-05-2013 05:52 PM

wow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by langenc (Post 1163592)
Dont bet on it. 30 yrs and he is thinking about going fishing.

Keep in mind his kids dont want anypart of the business. He will have to close when he is done.

Wow! You must be some kind of medium or psychic or have a crystal ball or something. You seem to know the future. So, then tell us when the component shortage will be over. And, who will win the World Series this year? I predict the Detroit Tigers.
ct

fa35jsf 03-05-2013 05:55 PM

Although I haven't seen it, some of my friends are telling me that the bigger inventory LGS have begun to get more stock in. Maybe things are coming back slowly. Lets just hope we don't "double dip" this "recession" of ammo.