how to reload bullets. what it takes. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > how to reload bullets. what it takes.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Beginning reloading

Having started into reloading back in the mid 60's things were very different then. Life was simple but slow. Now there is so much more available today with carbide dies and progressive presses that a person can crank out good ammo with a single stroke of the handle. Lee continues to expand there line and they have some great idea's about reloading. But in the end it's all up to the individual as to his own expectations of what reloading is all about. If you don't enjoy it then don't do it. It's all about the fun of creating something yourself and shooting ammo you made yourself. I couldn't imagine shooting factory ammo again. It would seem so silly. I always get the dies ofthe caliber of gun I get. I count about 35 die containers on my shelf at the present time and I still don't have them all. After almost 50 years of reloading I can honestly say I love loading ammo more then I love shooting. You can make as much of it as you want or as little as you think you need to. Just have fun with it.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:06 AM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21581 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i believe a person has to find their own reason for reloading to justify spending the money equipment and supplies to reload. some reload to save money to be able to shoot more and become better shooters. some reload in a quest for more accuracy. some reload because they have an oddball, antique or unique caliber that mabe there is little or no factory ammo available. some just reload for the enjoyment and to spend more time with the hobby we all love so much. IMO, these are all very good reasons to reload.