How much ammo did you buy this week?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > How much ammo did you buy this week?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2007, 03:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default How much ammo did you buy this week?

Just out of curiosity how much ammo have you purchased this week?? Personally I bought 1000 rounds of AK ammo.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-19-2007, 05:41 PM   #2

Default Ammo Man had specials...

one case of .223. one case of 9mm ( 1000 rds per case ). With the makeup of
congress, I am filling my shed with cases of ammo before they get taxed or even banned. Congress sucks. Fire EVERYONE in Congress NOW!!!

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:10 PM   #3

Personally, I do not buy factory ammo. Not even for the brass! I just buy reloading components and roll my own!

Old 07-19-2007, 07:58 PM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Funny you should ask...I just got back from the store with 650 rounds of .223 (all they had in bulk packs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmons
With the makeup of congress, I am filling my shed with cases of ammo before they get taxed or even banned. Congress sucks.
That's partly my motivation as well. Personally, I'll start to relax a little bit when I hit 10,000+ stored rounds. I'm on a local forum with others who are like-minded and they're stockpiling, too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmons
Fire EVERYONE in Congress NOW!!!
Place your vote accordingly in '08.

The trouble is, we have an electorate made up of sheeple who think a) guns are bad; b) it is the responsibility of government to see to your safety; c) the people are owed a happy, care-free existence without the need to work hard.

That makes for some friction with those who don't think that way.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:26 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

None actually, I will use up what I have and start reloading hopefully.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 07-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #6

None here either, I am also dipping my toe in the reloading pool. Ammo has gotten expensive and scarce around my neck of the woods.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:14 PM   #7

Default Ammo Reloading

Buddy of mine got me started reloading ,,after i had purchased my 1st winchester model 43 in 218 bee,,,,these little pills are 75 bucks a box,,,,I reloaded 1000 rds and headed west to go prairie doggin,,,and what a blast we had,,,,,comes out to around 12 bucks a box !
and instead of shooting 1" groups with factory ammo
this will put 5 inthe same hole at 200yds all day long
SORRY DIDNT MEAN TO GET LONG WINDED,,,,BUT RELOADING IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO,,,,ESP WITH OUR GOV'T PULLING THE AMMUNITION CHAIR OUT FROM UNDER US AS WE SPEAK
I am always willing to help anybody with anything including reloading,,,dont be afraid to get started,,,,YOU'LL WISH YOU STARTED A LONG TIME AGO !!
JUST MY 2 CENTS
JIM

Old 07-25-2007, 07:29 PM   #8
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I checked out some reloading rigs and they're not cheap. Sure, you'll get that money back the more time you spend working the rig, but DAMN!

.223 around here is about $0.26/round. With coupons, you can knock that down to about $0.21/round. Prices are rising and it is getting harder to find bulk packs.

Can anyone suggest a source for .223 (preferably 55gr or heavier, FMJ) that costs around $0.20/round or less? If it makes sense cost-wise, would anyone be interested in going in on a bulk purchase of .223 and splitting it up? (We would need to add in the cost of shipping.)

The situation is not so bad yet that I will consider using Wolf in my AR.