How much? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > How much?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 735 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 785

For me it was what I was shooting, not how much.... I was tired of getting blank stares when I tried to buy ammo... Ever look for 7.7 Jap or .30 US?

Old 12-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #12

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
For me it was what I was shooting, not how much.... I was tired of getting blank stares when I tried to buy ammo... Ever look for 7.7 Jap or .30 US?
Understood. I had this problem once trying to find ammo for the 7.5 Swiss and it has got to be a lot easier to find than what you are looking for. Good luck.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2542 Times on 1243 Posts
Likes Given: 1281

Fins,

You have heard most of the good answers and the advantage of not only cutting cost and developing ammunition that perfectly matches the weapon it is to be shot out of regarding performance for hunting or precision accuracy. Great responses from Jon, Tex and the others. But I have one other reason for reloading you might want to keep in mind. That is since they have so much problem in their attempt to control our weapons it is possible that in the future they might attempt to put unrealistic tax on ammunition in an all out attempt to control the shooting sport. I have planned ahead and have dies, bullets and powder put back for most of the weapons that I shoot frequently. And as money allows I add to my reserve. Just food for thought that also justifies the need to reload and the cost of setting it up for yourself. In addition to all mentioned the fact of self satisfaction of loading super accurate rounds yourself is a great feeling. And for me it is relaxing to spend time in solitude while loading and thinking out the operations performed.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #14

Thanks for all the responses guys.
Lots of food for thought.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #15

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

+1 on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Fins,

You have heard most of the good answers and the advantage of not only cutting cost and developing ammunition that perfectly matches the weapon it is to be shot out of regarding performance for hunting or precision accuracy. Great responses from Jon, Tex and the others. But I have one other reason for reloading you might want to keep in mind. That is since they have so much problem in their attempt to control our weapons it is possible that in the future they might attempt to put unrealistic tax on ammunition in an all out attempt to control the shooting sport. I have planned ahead and have dies, bullets and powder put back for most of the weapons that I shoot frequently. And as money allows I add to my reserve. Just food for thought that also justifies the need to reload and the cost of setting it up for yourself. In addition to all mentioned the fact of self satisfaction of loading super accurate rounds yourself is a great feeling. And for me it is relaxing to spend time in solitude while loading and thinking out the operations performed

Old 12-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #16
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

another good reason O3. as long as you have bullets, primers and powder, you will always have ammo. also stock up on brass, it's cheaper if bought in bulk.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #17

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

It doesn't matter to me if I shoot it 5 times a year or 5 million times a year. I own QUALITY firearms so I only shoot QUALITY reloads in my guns. I wouldn't dream of putting any steel cased ammo or any of that cheap tulammo crap in anything I own.