how many times a cartridge case has been fired - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > how many times a cartridge case has been fired

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 02:36 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30
Pistol brass can be used well over 5 or 6 times. I have some that has been reloaded 10 or 12 times and is still going strong. If you are reloading for a glock (Not recommended) That is the main reason your brass life is short. Noting bad about the glock it is just an unsupported chamber thus causing problems with brass failure on reloads. That is why they tell you not to use reloads in glock barrels.

The 7mm rem mag is harder on brass than 9mm. The 7mm rm is going to have case head separation problems. It is a high pressure round and will have a much shorter life than pistol brass. The brass of the 7mm rm might need to be trimmed every other or every 3 reloading. My 45acp haven't changed since the day I got them.

The biggest problem in reloading rifle brass is the work hardening of the case neck. That is easily taken care of by annealing your brass every other reloading cycle.
Well that's why I bought a kkm precision match grade barrel. It will literally shoot anything

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy