How does this even happen? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > How does this even happen?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 49 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalefan88 View Post
I shot 200 rounds of reloaded 9mm today. I had one do this to in my 92fs. It had a Remington primer in it to.
Just too much powder, high pressure that's all it is. Be careful with how hot you are making those loads. They might be good for one gun but not so much for another too. My 92fs doesn't like very hot loads, I have to keep them in the medium range for it.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:22 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3359 Times on 1739 Posts
Likes Given: 354

30-40 years ago Remington was the premium ammo on the market. They did nothing to stay ahead of the competition and got out paced, badly. Federal was the upstart, bargain basement brand and is now one of the best. Speer did not even exist and is leaving Remington in its dust.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:46 PM   #23

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts

I expect ammo quality to get worse. With the recent demand in ammo. Manufactures have ramped up production. They're running 24/7 hiring new people with little experience. Their quality control is maxed to the limit. So more defective and poor quality ammo slips through and onto the market
10/22, MKII

Last edited by robocop10mm; 04-01-2013 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Spelling

Old 04-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #24

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post

Man sorry to hear that. But it wasn't the squib that messed the bbl up. It was trying to shove it out with another bullet. I'd still be really pissed but I would take this lesson and never forget it. If it was a bigger caliber the gun would have been the least of your problems. Your wife couldhave been hurt very bad. We always have to pay very close attention to our weapons when shooting. A friend of mine was almost killed when he did that with a Kimber that went into grenade mode.

I'll agree the squib is a very big deal and you should get them to right the wrong and hopefully get the others in that lot returned (good luck in these ammo times). But part of the damaged pistol is the responsibility of the shooter. Even with it being a 22 your wife is extremely lucky that didn't end up much worse.

I don't use anything Remington anymore. It seems over the last few years everything with their name on it has not been near the standard that name used to adhere to.
I agree with ya here but it bothers me when someone calls firearms weapons. Kind of like Mags arnt clips, armalite rifle doesn't stand for assault rifle.

A weapon is something a criminal carries, a firearm is what I carry.

Sorry man just a little petpieve.