Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   How about this kit? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/how-about-kit-77863/)

lbwar15 12-06-2012 02:04 PM

How about this kit?

What do y'all thank about this kit. I have no idea how to reload yet. And I don't have any equipment.

lbwar15 12-06-2012 02:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what the kit includes.

locutus 12-06-2012 03:12 PM

Good set up basically, but you would need to add scale check weights to calibrate that digital scale.

lbwar15 12-06-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus
Good set up basically, but you would need to add scale check weights to calibrate that digital scale.

Thanks. Anything elts I need to add? I know I need a case trimmer.

locutus 12-06-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbwar15 (Post 1041435)
Thanks. Anything elts I need to add? I know I need a case trimmer.

A case trimmer is needed if you are loading bottleneck rifle rounds. The little trimmers sold be LEE will tide you over quite well until you can afford something nicer.

lbwar15 12-06-2012 05:52 PM

I will be lol. Even shotgun shells after a while lol.

magnumman 12-06-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbwar15
I will be lol. Even shotgun shells after a while lol.

You will need a dedicated shotshell press

lbwar15 12-06-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnumman

You will need a dedicated shotshell press

Yea I have ben looking into them. I don't shoot my 870 much. So it's handgun/rifle first.

headhunter 12-06-2012 06:40 PM

It sounds like Hornaday all the way. A number of years ago I purchased a Hornaday powder measure, I believe it was the "Pro". Although I used it many years , I don't feel it was as smooth operating as my present RCBS.
When I purchased it I found there was a ledge between the plastic reservoir and metal body. Whenever I wished to change powders or wanted to stop reloading there was powder on that ledge. A long handled stiff art brush took care of it. Finally, I took a Demidrill and ground it off. Have fun and good luck.

lbwar15 12-06-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headhunter
It sounds like Hornaday all the way. A number of years ago I purchased a Hornaday powder measure, I believe it was the "Pro". Although I used it many years , I don't feel it was as smooth operating as my present RCBS.
When I purchased it I found there was a ledge between the plastic reservoir and metal body. Whenever I wished to change powders or wanted to stop reloading there was powder on that ledge. A long handled stiff art brush took care of it. Finally, I took a Demidrill and ground it off. Have fun and good luck.

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered the abcs of reloading. Is there any manuals anyone thinks I should get? Such as reloading for handgunners or anything like that. I will be reloading for handguns and rifles. Carry ammo, hunting ammo, plinking, and even just some cheep stuff to stock up on for shtf.