Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Hornady Z Mac: Does anyone know?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 310 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Default Hornady Z Mac: Does anyone know?

Does anyone know if or when the Hornady Z Mac bullets will be available for reloading? I can find loaded ammo for sale but not the bullets. Or, did I miss something?
cottontop

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Are you referring to the Z MAX? Its is nothing more than the 'critical defense" bullet from hornady... just a different color.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 12-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

It took a while for the LeverEvolution bullets to hit the streets after the ammo was released, I'm guessing it will take the same for the Z-Max. Being as zombies are fictional characters in movies and this ammo is recommended only for dealing with zombies, it really doesn't matter.

Quote:
Disclaimer: Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean…ZOMBIES!
As UrbanNinja mentioned, it's just the change in polymer tip color from one of their other bullets.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #4

Liked 310 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Thanks guys. Yes it is Z Max. I stand corrected. And, you have answered my question.
cottontop

Old 12-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
Thanks guys. Yes it is Z Max. I stand corrected. And, you have answered my question.
cottontop
We're just pickin' at ya a bit.

I do remember having to wait quite a while before the LeverEvolution bullets were available to reloaders. However, I just received an e-mail from Hornady regarding the Z-Max bullets. They may not have the caliber you're looking for as there's not too many listed yet, but it looks like they'll be available a lot sooner than the LeverEvolution bullets were.

Hornady Manufacturing Company :: New Products :: Bullets :: Z-MAX™

P.S. I'm glad you brought this up. While surfing Honady's site I see they now have the Critical Defense rounds for my CZ82. (9mm Makarov)

Last edited by MidnightExpress; 12-23-2011 at 05:14 PM.