Help me out-What do I have??
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading >

Help me out-What do I have??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Help me out-What do I have??

Ammo people, help me out.
What I have, from a trade is two boxes of Canadian 30-30 loaded ammo.
1. Box of 20- Imperial 170gr. KKSP (soft point)
Head stamped Imperial 30-30

2. Box of 20-Imperial 170gr Sabre Tip (Like Hornady Poly Tipped)
Head stamped Dominion 30-30

Are these "Shooters", or something that I should sell as a "Collectable"

Thanks in advance. Bill... PS. The boxes are "As New", with the tape on the flaps.

Last edited by BILLYBOB44; 04-06-2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: added the PS..

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3459 Times on 1783 Posts
Likes Given: 374

If they are headstamped CIL or Imperial they are from Canadian Industries Ltd Quebec Canada. These were made from '55-'76.

Collectable? I do not know. Full, pristine, older boxes of ammo are generally fairly collectable. There are some sites that deal with collectable cartridges.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
If they are headstamped CIL or Imperial they are from Canadian Industries Ltd Quebec Canada. These were made from '55-'76.

Collectable? I do not know. Full, pristine, older boxes of ammo are generally fairly collectable. There are some sites that deal with collectable cartridges.
Thanks Robo. Yes the boxes are as new. The loads are also, and full boxes. I have a buyer for the ammo, just to shoot, in a Model 94 Win., but I do not want to sell them that way, if they have a collector value??

Old 04-07-2010, 12:19 AM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

I have been a cartridge colector for 45 years so have some knowledge. While these are not rare they are desireable. In these type of deals the person wanting the ammo for collecting like myself will purchase 2 new boxes of same caliber and quality, then exchange them for the older stuff to display.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYBOB44 View Post
Ammo people, help me out.
What I have, from a trade is two boxes of Canadian 30-30 loaded ammo.
1. Box of 20- Imperial 170gr. KKSP (soft point)
Head stamped Imperial 30-30

2. Box of 20-Imperial 170gr Sabre Tip (Like Hornady Poly Tipped)
Head stamped Dominion 30-30

Are these "Shooters", or something that I should sell as a "Collectable"

Thanks in advance. Bill... PS. The boxes are "As New", with the tape on the flaps.

there are online auctions for ammo that u could sell it on. some of the "imperial" stamped ammo in various caliber goes for $80 to $130 a box depending on caliber.(i.e. .22lr is at $80......32-40 is at $130). dominion ammo usually sells for less. u probably get $35-$50 or more depending on the buyer.

32-40 Winchester, 170 Gr KKSP by Imperial. $105.99. Listed at: Gunbroker 32 winchester special WESTERN BEAR BOX empty. $13.00. Listed at: Gunbroker ...
www.thegunnetwork.com/.../gbc3_pricecomp

Last edited by nillanola; 04-08-2010 at 02:09 AM. Reason: add example

Old 04-08-2010, 03:12 AM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

The problem with online auctions, is the owner can ask anything for their product, however if you will cruise the auctions you will notice entire pages with 50 items on each page and none of them have a bid. The only items that get bids are rare calibers and obsolete items. There are literally thousands of auctions at any one time and just a few have bids. So beware of the over inflated, owners starting bids, they will never sell. While this ammo is not rare or old, us collectors would rather see it on a shelf than shot downrange at dirtclods. Buy new stuff for shooting and save the dicontinued stuff for display.

Newest Threads