Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > having hard time finding ammo out there

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
You got this fargin' icehole and you wonder why???

Attachment 5738

Hahaha....funny pic that would make a good target. But Bloomy is very far from me down in The City. That said he (and those like him) still affects things for all of us in a round-about way.

OC

"magbum"

Old 09-05-2009, 05:27 PM   #22

gun show last week had 22 bricks for $25, looked just like the same boxes that wall mart sells

Old 09-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #23

Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It seems like this ammo shortage is becoming a permanent situation. I have a lot of rounds and reloading supplies but Im not going to the range anymore until this situation gets better. I have a feeling this is gun control by proxy. our ammo supply has been drastically cut without any legislation being passed. I believe the military is buying it all up and just storing it ,and maybe we are shipping ammunition to other countries to pay our debts. sounds paranoid but who knows. This makes no sense its not like our military is having huge firefights everyday overseas so how can they be using up all the ammo? A few months of ammunition shortages because we have a newly elected moron as a president maybe , but a year of ammunition shortages? this is starting to seem deliberate!

Old 09-06-2009, 02:18 AM   #24

Default It's Possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius10721 View Post
It seems like this ammo shortage is becoming a permanent situation. I have a lot of rounds and reloading supplies but Im not going to the range anymore until this situation gets better. I have a feeling this is gun control by proxy. our ammo supply has been drastically cut without any legislation being passed. I believe the military is buying it all up and just storing it ,and maybe we are shipping ammunition to other countries to pay our debts. sounds paranoid but who knows. This makes no sense its not like our military is having huge firefights everyday overseas so how can they be using up all the ammo? A few months of ammunition shortages because we have a newly elected moron as a president maybe , but a year of ammunition shortages? this is starting to seem deliberate!
I actually gave some thought to your theory and have to admit it is VERY remotely possible. Although I can't come close to buying everything any reloader might need from time to time, in the past 2 weeks I have received 2 emails from Midway advising me the primers I had inquired about were available and my local retailer and range were I buy a good bit of my supplies has also received some primers I have had back ordered. Also although I was only trying to purchase a pound or two of H110, they had 2 8 lbs kegs that averaged out to under 18.00/lb. But since I only have 2 loads I use that particular powder for and they are not loads one would find particularly pleasant for punching holes in paper, 8 pounds would last for years.

The one thing that I have expected to see, and already have in isolated cases, is reloading components coming in from overseas. Any country with the capability to manufacture primers other components would be crazy not to take advantage of what I would call a huge windfall profit and would expect within a couple of months to see more and more imported components reaching our shores. I suppose in theory the government could also "absorb" this supply as well, but rumor has it they're a bit light in the wallet as it is now.

Seriously, I suppose it's remotely possible, but keeping under cover that they are purchasing ALL the primers, brass, bullets, and powder produced by just our own manufacturers would at least in my mind be almost impossible. If anything, I think things may be starting to loosen up just a bit.

F. Prefect