Have you been asked to share your ammo? - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Have you been asked to share your ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I told people for the last couple years they needed to stock up on ammo. And like many on this forum said back when they thought there as no reason to have over a couple boxes at a time. These peopel will not get a thing from me. It's winter now and the grasshoppers are hungry. The ants have no obligation to feed them.
That being said there are a few of us that have always went together to get live rounds or components when decent deals where around. We will trade off with each other if need be. But for the most part we all where pretty stocked up and have not needed anything.
I do some trading in brass though. I have enough 9mm and .40 cases to last a few lifetimes. A friend and I would go to a public range and pick up brass whenever we where in the area. I am not as well stocked in 45ACP so I have made a couple trades to get more. I probably have plenty truth be told but you can never have enough brass and 45ACP is what I shoot most (not counting 22's of course).

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #82
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8486 Times on 4912 Posts
Likes Given: 11040

I have a ship-load of Reloder 22 that I would like to trade off. Problem is I can't ship it without sending it through a licensed shipper. I need equal amounts of H-335 or equivelant.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #83
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5949 Times on 3366 Posts
Likes Given: 5515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I have a ship-load of Reloder 22 that I would like to trade off. Problem is I can't ship it without sending it through a licensed shipper. I need equal amounts of H-335 or equivelant.
Betcha you could get a goods trade at a gun club.

Winston Churchill

Old 03-04-2013, 12:57 AM   #84
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8486 Times on 4912 Posts
Likes Given: 11040

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Betcha you could get a goods trade at a gun club.
Yeah. I need to go around and post some wanted/trade posters.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #85

Liked 580 Times on 310 Posts

I understand some people are hurting financially, but if you got guns , you need ammo. I share with friend if we are shooting each others guns, or if they run out, an I know they have the means to get me back . But I have a brother in law who comes with a Ruger 10/22 with 100 rounds. When he dumps it all, he starts wanting to shoot my guns. I want to kill him. My old lady tries to calm down, but it doesn't help! Then she offers to buy me whatever he shoots. So i just double or triple the number an still come out on top. But it is getting harder to find. Now all I let him shoot is birdshot out my shotguns, he don't know any better! I don't understand how a random guy walks up and asks for ammo. That's like asking if he can grab my old ladies T**S, are you kidding me!

Old 03-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #86

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

one post alludes to the idea that some could be tempted to swipe ammo when we aren't looking...it could come to that!

years ago, .357 mag brass was hard to come buy and i didn't by loaded ammo. .38 spec brass was plentiful, so i loaded a bunch of what would today be classified as +p++, but they were safe in my s&w mod. 27. at the range, a stranger swiped a box.

did i feel bad? only for the .38 he might have shot them in!

budman

ignorance is fixable, stupidity is forever...

Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #87

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 View Post
I understand some people are hurting financially, but if you got guns , you need ammo. I share with friend if we are shooting each others guns, or if they run out, an I know they have the means to get me back . But I have a brother in law who comes with a Ruger 10/22 with 100 rounds. When he dumps it all, he starts wanting to shoot my guns. I want to kill him. My old lady tries to calm down, but it doesn't help! Then she offers to buy me whatever he shoots. So i just double or triple the number an still come out on top. But it is getting harder to find. Now all I let him shoot is birdshot out my shotguns, he don't know any better! I don't understand how a random guy walks up and asks for ammo. That's like asking if he can grab my old ladies T**S, are you kidding me!
And I thought I was the only one who has a brother-in-law like that...

Old 03-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #88

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Whenever I used to ask some people I know if they wanted to go target shooting they would always tell me they were "just too busy". After a while I quit asking them. Now I have heard from a few of them about shooting and I suspect it is because they know I have ammo and think I might share with them. I told them I was too busy.