Have you been asked to share your ammo? - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Have you been asked to share your ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 21

A few people have tried to get me to sell some of my ammo cheap and one guy in particular was absolutely ridiculous about it. Okay, this situation is so absurd you might not believe it. This guy likes to go out in his boat and trap crayfish(crawdads) to sell to restaurants. He catches a lot of crayfish. He might bring back 100 pounds or more at one time. One day he was telling us he just bought a Remington 788 in .243 and would like to find a load that would work good in it. He knows I also have a 788 in .243 and asked if I reloaded. I explained that I had been reloading that cartridge for a long time and had worked up some really good loads. I would have been willing to share my reloading data with him but NO, he wanted more than that. He wanted some of my ammo. He went so far as to offer to trade crayfish for ammo. I think I might have offended him when I laughed a little when he made his offer. Recently I heard him complaining that ammo and reloading components are scarce. As far as I'm concerned him and others like him are on their own.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrider View Post
I have a buddy that found a way to help both himself and others at the same time. He has made deals with a few people that he will load X amount of ammunition for them if they supply the components, and let him keep a certain amount of the ammo. He was actually doing this before the shortage began. He has a dillon progressive unit that is capable of producing a lot of ammo quickly.
I have made this offer to a few people. If they would buy the components I would load for them. I would even use my dies if I had them for the cartridge they wanted. I guess that wasn't easy or convenient enough for them.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #73

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf

I have made this offer to a few people. If they would buy the components I would load for them. I would even use my dies if I had them for the cartridge they wanted. I guess that wasn't easy or convenient enough for them.
In that case, I would wish them luck finding Ammo for the next year or so lol. Can't help somebody who isn't willing to help themselves.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:12 AM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5538 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

I can't find anyone to offer. Everyone around here reloads. Most have Dillons!

Winston Churchill

Old 03-02-2013, 03:07 AM   #75
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8185 Times on 4725 Posts
Likes Given: 10547

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I can't find anyone to offer. Everyone around here reloads. Most have Dillons!
Well, obviously you live in a good neighborhood!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:15 AM   #76

Liked 325 Times on 180 Posts

Early on someone said this:

"a 1000 round case of Tulammo 7.62X39 go for $450."

$450???? I bought 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 from AIMsurplus for $209, shipped to my door. Can I do that today? No! But it wasn't that long ago and I can't bring myself to pay OVER double a mere 8 months later.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:24 AM   #77

Liked 61 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy36 View Post
Early on someone said this:

"a 1000 round case of Tulammo 7.62X39 go for $450."

$450???? I bought 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 from AIMsurplus for $209, shipped to my door. Can I do that today? No! But it wasn't that long ago and I can't bring myself to pay OVER double a mere 8 months later.
That is exactly what I've been saying, there is no way I'll pay that much for the same cheap ammo that I could have bought for half the price three months ago.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Old 03-02-2013, 04:40 AM   #78

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

While at the indoor range last week a guy, unknown to me, asked if I could spare 20 rounds or so of .40 Cal.. Not to buy but to loan it to him. I just laughed and said, you must be kidding. I don't feel sorry for those people that live day to and don't prepare for the future.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Old 03-02-2013, 04:54 AM   #79
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8185 Times on 4725 Posts
Likes Given: 10547

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
While at the indoor range last week a guy, unknown to me, asked if I could spare 20 rounds or so of .40 Cal.. Not to buy but to loan it to him. I just laughed and said, you must be kidding. I don't feel sorry for those people that live day to and don't prepare for the future.
Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ6xBaZ92uA

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
I can see this happening. Recently I had a guy looking over at me to check out what I was shooting. He came over and asked what kind of .45ACP ammo I was using. By the way I could see he was looking at my ammo I could tell he was hoping I would offer to share it. I said nothing and kept shooting.