Have you been asked to share your ammo? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Have you been asked to share your ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #51
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 539 Times on 302 Posts
Likes Given: 2364

SHARE ??
Only,
if needed,
With my
Sons..
BlueTurf Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #52

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07
If you weren't smart enough to see the writing on the walls before this you deserve to be ammoless. I got enough for me and mine you need to go find your own.

Let me look at my spread sheet.

15k 556 ar
5k 223 for bolt guns
25k 308 175gr
3.5k 308 150 gr
22.5k 9mm
30.5k 45acp
then about 10k rounds of a bunch of other stuff that I don't shoot much. I think I can hold out for a little bit.
Some people can't afford to stock pile ammo but I guess I "deserve to b ammoless". ^this is just stupid and over the line people were asking about earlier in the thread....

Old 02-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #53
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8100 Times on 4677 Posts
Likes Given: 10454

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
Some people can't afford to stock pile ammo but I guess I "deserve to b ammoless". ^this is just stupid and over the line people were asking about earlier in the thread....
Is it really over the line, or are you just pissed because you didn't think ahead and build your own stockpile? Whether you can "afford" it or not is immaterial really. You reduce the amount that you shoot and put half of what you purchase away in your stock. Over time it builds up and at some point you decide that you do not need to build your stores any more and you can shoot to your heart's content. But when you do, in normal times, you replenish your stores for the lean times.

If you got caught with your pants down by the panic and now you can't find any that is no one else's fault but your own.

Calling someone stupid who did have foresight and did build an inventory is uncalled for. In my way of thinking it is smart.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
BlueTurf Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #54
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8100 Times on 4677 Posts
Likes Given: 10454

By the way Austin, what calibers are you looking for? I might be able to help you out!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #55
hmh

Liked 140 Times on 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92

Trust me if I can afford it so can you. Priorities do you have cable (I don't) do you have internet (I use my phone or library) what vehicle do you drive? There are always cuts that can be made I am the single provider with my wife daughter and brother in law living with me. And I make just enuf to have no gov assistance.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #56

Liked 61 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I do share info or links that have ammo with friends, I go in with friends to do group buys on ammo, but after I buy it I shoot it or stock pile it, I don't sell it.
If things got real bad I may trade it for things I need, but it will need to get real bad before that happens because ammo is not the only thing I stocked up on.
The way I look at it "If you snoozed you loose!"

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Old 02-26-2013, 11:06 PM   #57

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 Man View Post
I do share info or links that have ammo with friends, I go in with friends to do group buys on ammo, but after I buy it I shoot it or stock pile it, I don't sell it.
If things got real bad I may trade it for things I need, but it will need to get real bad before that happens because ammo is not the only thing I stocked up on.
The way I look at it "If you snoozed you loose!"
Got some links? Im looking for 10mm....also probably not a good idea to trade ammo in a shtf situation unless its someone you trust....you might loose the rest of your ammo.

What makes the grass grow?

Old 02-27-2013, 04:17 AM   #58

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts

I have a buddy that found a way to help both himself and others at the same time. He has made deals with a few people that he will load X amount of ammunition for them if they supply the components, and let him keep a certain amount of the ammo. He was actually doing this before the shortage began. He has a dillon progressive unit that is capable of producing a lot of ammo quickly.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:16 AM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 177 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 491

Friends?? I think I would rethink my friend list. As to what to do...simply tell them that you don't have any extra ammo - for sale or to share.

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

Old 02-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #60

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrider View Post
I have a buddy that found a way to help both himself and others at the same time. He has made deals with a few people that he will load X amount of ammunition for them if they supply the components, and let him keep a certain amount of the ammo. He was actually doing this before the shortage began. He has a dillon progressive unit that is capable of producing a lot of ammo quickly.
Id do that. I have a buddy who reloads just havent asked him if he would be interested in doing that. Plus id like to learn how but dont want to spend 1000 bucks to get started.

What makes the grass grow?