Have you been asked to share your ammo? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Have you been asked to share your ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #41
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8673 Times on 5015 Posts
Likes Given: 11265

I haven't bought any for quite some time. Several months at least. I have sold a few hundred rounds to a neighbor, and will be selling some more to other friends/neighbors, but I get the going rate for it. If any of them were to try and bargain me down on the price the ammo is no longer for sale. Period. Not even for more than I initially was asking.

So, on a related subject, what is ammo going for at the stores or gun shows where you are? I will look up current prices through Natchez, Midway, etc. etc., but I don't go in to the stores looking these days. I leave it all for the people willing to pay panic prices. Per round prices are most helpful I find.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
tri70 Likes This 
Old 02-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
If you give someone ammo, sell them ammo, and evil happens with the ammo you provided, some lawyer snooping around, will locate you, and make your life miserable. Not worth it. Stores have liability insurance for that probability. Do you?
If I bought a fork from your yard sale and went on a stabbing rampage in the mall would that make you partly responsible?
Old 02-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by undumb View Post
If I bought a fork from your yard sale and went on a stabbing rampage in the mall would that make you partly responsible?
I really don't give a fork.

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 02:29 AM   #44

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Quote:
If you give someone ammo, sell them ammo, and evil happens with the ammo you provided, some lawyer snooping around, will locate you, and make your life miserable. Not worth it. Stores have liability insurance for that probability. Do you?
So by this you mean when the idiot soccer mom texting, holding a dog, smoking, and screaming at her idiot brats rear ended me, I could sue the dealership that sold her the car? Really you have to be kidding me that is the single dumbest statement I have seen here.

Just shoot the low life scumbag. It's just a Lawyer I am sure no one will miss one.... Of course they can sue me all they want I have nothing. Not a single thing in my home or land is in my name.

Last edited by gunnut07; 02-24-2013 at 02:33 AM.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #45

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

what business is it of anybody's who bought tons of ammo and is sitting on it? the fact that some did shows foresight. the "grasshoppers" who found other uses for their money aren't the responsibility of the "ant" who probably did without necessities like the latest smart phone or ipad to afford his stockpiling.

only one or two mentioned reloading...why? store-bought ammo is lots more expensive than rolling your own; people who couldn't afford to stockpile ammo could've been saving $$$ and at the same time become more immune to panic situations by maintaining a relatively cheap stock of components, as most reloaders i know do.

budman

ignorance is fixable, stupidity is forever...

BlueTurf Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #46

Liked 535 Times on 362 Posts

On my last thread I was referring to reloading ammo I reloaded and stockpiled what I thought I'd needed to get through. People are now asking me to reload ammo for them. but the problem is now that everybody wants to get into reloading and you can't buy supplies or tools. They all know I will give them ammo if need be. but not just to go target practice.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman46 View Post
what business is it of anybody's who bought tons of ammo and is sitting on it? the fact that some did shows foresight. the "grasshoppers" who found other uses for their money aren't the responsibility of the "ant" who probably did without necessities like the latest smart phone or ipad to afford his stockpiling.

only one or two mentioned reloading...why? store-bought ammo is lots more expensive than rolling your own; people who couldn't afford to stockpile ammo could've been saving $$$ and at the same time become more immune to panic situations by maintaining a relatively cheap stock of components, as most reloaders i know do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2b View Post
On my last thread I was referring to reloading ammo I reloaded and stockpiled what I thought I'd needed to get through. People are now asking me to reload ammo for them. but the problem is now that everybody wants to get into reloading and you can't buy supplies or tools. They all know I will give them ammo if need be. but not just to go target practice.
Reloading supplies are just as scarce as loaded ammo these days. I was just about to put in an order for powder when the panic hit and now I am down to the last of what I had.

I learned from it though. When things settle down I will make my regular order and then when that is down about 1/3 or so I will replenish it, rotating through as I go.

Need H335 right now. And IMR4895

Quote:

Old 02-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #48

Likes Given: 1

Noone has asked yet but, I see it coming. A friend stopped by Friday, and was drooling over my reserves.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #49

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2b View Post
Same here. I have had people ask me to load for them. They have their used factory cases but I have had to explain to them there are still other components needed such as powder, primers, bullets, etc.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
Same here. I have had people ask me to load for them. They have their used factory cases but I have had to explain to them there are still other components needed such as powder, primers, bullets, etc.
I assiduously avoid loading for friends, primarily because its illegal but also because if they want reloads I am happy to lead help them out getting started in it. I don't see any point in reloading for someone else. I do have a buddy's 650 set up in my reloading shed though. He bought it on eBay for a song several years ago and never used it. He brought it over so I could show him how to set it up and it has lived here ever since. I am still waiting for a couple of parts (the small rifle sorting plate and something else that escapes me at the moment.) before we can start loading .223 like he wants to. Also need to find an 8 pounder of H335 too. That has been the hardest part!

Quote: