Have you been asked to share your ammo? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Have you been asked to share your ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2722 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 1386

Blue Turf,

It was the same regarding the AR-15 Rifles and accessories. I told several people throughout the last couple of years they best be getting off of their duff and get their ARs and accessories ordered. This because if Obama got re-elected our Second Amendment would be under attack! And later I advised them of the coming crunch on ammunition, magazines and other items. But you know the answer! Did they pay attention! NO!
Now the telephone rings of the hook wanting help to know where some of these items are and who they can contact to get them. They are Wanting ARs, Ammunition, Magazines and other items. Not much I can do, with things the way they are but I still trying to help what I can. But not parting with my stuff to supply them at this point. Obviously I would assist them if a serious situation comes up where there welfare or family safety was an issue. But as the old saying goes. POOR PLANNING ON THEIR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AND EMERGENCY ON MINE! You hate to be that way, but it is like when all of us here advised them it went right over their heads. Or as you all said, they were less concerned or the issue was of some inconvenience and not a priority. Or they were as stated too lazy to act!
This is only a brief preview of what is going to happen if the S should ever hit the fan. We each will have to protect what we have to and including deadly force! God forbid that should happen! But if it does we will need to defend our family, or property, our armament and food. Once again a lack of concern or planning.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 02-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #12

Liked 806 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 919

Nope... Seems nobodys I know is looking for 6.5 or 7.7 Japanese....

Old 02-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #13

Liked 400 Times on 261 Posts
Likes Given: 1424

To the OP:

I would not subsidize others joy shoots but it is in all our interest to make sure other citizens have access to an iron reserve for major emergencies.

In the science fiction scenario of a civil war or ZA I would release my stash freely to other fighters to maximize our combat power.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?
People Like This 
Old 02-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
I saw the importance of stocking up on ammo years ago. I bought ammo on a regular basis whenever it was on sale somewhere. I also like reloading and I loaded ammo for all of my firearms. I always advised my shooting buddies to have plenty of ammo on hand so it would be there if they needed it.

Some of the people I know apparently didn't see the importance of having a supply of ammo on hand. They are now complaining that they want to go target shooting but can't find the ammo they need. A few of them have asked me if I have any of the ammo they need.

I am not selling any of the ammo I have. I advised the shooters I know to stock up on the ammo they needed and not all of them listened. If I go shooting with certain friends we gladly share our ammo with each other, but I am not going to sell it to someone who was too lazy to buy some when they had the chance. If there was an emergency situation of course I would try to help people out, but not for just target shooting. A few people asked if I would sell some of mine and offered way less than current market prices for it.

What are your thoughts on this?
I was offered a sum of money for ammo. I hardly knew the guy other than seeing him on the tarmac at the airfield from time to time. However, I wished him luck finding some, and even offered to aid him in the search. But, like me, all of my buddies refused to part with their ammo. No matter the price. I look at it this way. The ammo is insurance for me and my family against criminals of all stripes. The ammo I do use is from a collective effort on shooting together with my buddies where sharing goes naturally unmindful.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #15

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Well in that case...
Kidding! There are a lot of local trading pages on Facebook for my area. I'm a member of several. Like it was mentioned, it just takes extra effort now. A few stores have ammo at the premium going rate, but if you scour those trading pages, you can actually find some for the pre panic rate.

Tell ya what, I can keep an eye out for the rest of you guys if you want... just a couple of days ago I saw a 800 round case of LC 5.56 go for $400, and a 1000 round case of Tulammo 7.62X39 go for $450. These deals lasted a couple of minutes, but if someone were to give me a Max price:number of rounds, I might could be quick enough to negotiate for some of y'all. I don't even know if those were good prices, but I've seen both ammo in both quantities go for much, MUCH, more money than that recently.
What are the naes of the facebook pages? Just search "gun trader" or something along those lines?

What makes the grass grow?

Old 02-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3085 Times on 1546 Posts
Likes Given: 377

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
I saw the importance of stocking up on ammo years ago. I bought ammo on a regular basis whenever it was on sale somewhere. I also like reloading and I loaded ammo for all of my firearms. I always advised my shooting buddies to have plenty of ammo on hand so it would be there if they needed it.

Some of the people I know apparently didn't see the importance of having a supply of ammo on hand. They are now complaining that they want to go target shooting but can't find the ammo they need. A few of them have asked me if I have any of the ammo they need.

I am not selling any of the ammo I have. I advised the shooters I know to stock up on the ammo they needed and not all of them listened. If I go shooting with certain friends we gladly share our ammo with each other, but I am not going to sell it to someone who was too lazy to buy some when they had the chance. If there was an emergency situation of course I would try to help people out, but not for just target shooting. A few people asked if I would sell some of mine and offered way less than current market prices for it.

What are your thoughts on this?
Sounds a lot like someone asking you to share your lunch, because they were "too busy" to pack one. Or asking for part of your paycheck because they spent all theirs. Where do they draw the line?
NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?

Last edited by Overkill0084; 02-21-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

I'd share my ammo in a SHTF situation but only with my friends (and yes I consider the largest part of you friends).

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 02-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #18

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryadew3468 View Post

What are the naes of the facebook pages? Just search "gun trader" or something along those lines?
Type in keywords such as "guns", "tactical", "ammo/ammunition", "knives", "outdoors", "sporting", and such along those lines (pretty much words you would see on the cover of a gun magazine), add your location to the search bar, and you should come up with some local stuff.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #19

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Type in keywords such as "guns", "tactical", "ammo/ammunition", "knives", "outdoors", "sporting", and such along those lines (pretty much words you would see on the cover of a gun magazine), add your location to the search bar, and you should come up with some local stuff.
Thanks bud.

What makes the grass grow?

Old 02-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #20
At least my puppy loves me.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1886 Times on 1044 Posts
Likes Given: 5663

I have only one bullet and the only way I'll share is if you have donuts.

Email your representatives USE THIS LINK

KG7IL