Have you been asked to share your ammo?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Have you been asked to share your ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default Have you been asked to share your ammo?

I saw the importance of stocking up on ammo years ago. I bought ammo on a regular basis whenever it was on sale somewhere. I also like reloading and I loaded ammo for all of my firearms. I always advised my shooting buddies to have plenty of ammo on hand so it would be there if they needed it.

Some of the people I know apparently didn't see the importance of having a supply of ammo on hand. They are now complaining that they want to go target shooting but can't find the ammo they need. A few of them have asked me if I have any of the ammo they need.

I am not selling any of the ammo I have. I advised the shooters I know to stock up on the ammo they needed and not all of them listened. If I go shooting with certain friends we gladly share our ammo with each other, but I am not going to sell it to someone who was too lazy to buy some when they had the chance. If there was an emergency situation of course I would try to help people out, but not for just target shooting. A few people asked if I would sell some of mine and offered way less than current market prices for it.

What are your thoughts on this?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #2

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'm going through exactly what your friends are, but it's because I don't have enough disposable funds, not because I was too short sighted. Considering what I've been through the past year, I think I'm doing good to still have the clothes on my back.

Tell your friends to screw off. They can do like me and suck it up. I just negotiated a deal for 300 rounds I'm supposed to pick up Saturday. They need to just take their time and be smart about it where they can. They can get on Facebook and look for local trading pages.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

If you have some to spare there is no harm in letting it go, if they are willing to pay the premium. Ammo will continue to be an issue for a while so don't sell unless it is at a good profit.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 02-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3143 Times on 1815 Posts
Likes Given: 2001

Have you ever heard "The story of the Little Red Hen?" It's a childs story about work ethic and preparedness, refer your friends to it next time.

And what you are dealing with in those that lowball you is pure & simple COMMUNISM!!!!!

Old 02-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #5

Liked 82 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'm going through exactly what your friends are, but it's because I don't have enough disposable funds, not because I was too short sighted. Considering what I've been through the past year, I think I'm doing good to still have the clothes on my back.

Tell your friends to screw off. They can do like me and suck it up. I just negotiated a deal for 300 rounds I'm supposed to pick up Saturday. They need to just take their time and be smart about it where they can. They can get on Facebook and look for local trading pages.
Agreed. It's out there. They just have to put in some extra effort to find it.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #6

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Trip, I would have no problem with helping out someone who is in your situation. The people I was referring to are not hurting for money; they just didn't want to take the time and make the effort to get the ammo while it was there. They expected me to sell them some of my ammo for the price I paid for it years ago. I had no trouble telling them NO.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #7

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Im going through the same thing. My buddy wants me to sell him a lower or 2 at the same price i paid for them a year ago and wants to pay .25 cents a round

Old 02-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #8

Why do these people know you have it in the first place? Because I am old, grouchy, opinionated, unfriendly, and belong to a lesser known political party, nobody likes me and I have no friends. BTW, that's how I like it as I generally hate people anyway. The few who know me also know that I lost all my guns and ammo in a boating accident, so they don't even bother to ask me.
ct

People Like This 
Old 02-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #9

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
Trip, I would have no problem with helping out someone who is in your situation...
Well in that case...
Kidding! There are a lot of local trading pages on Facebook for my area. I'm a member of several. Like it was mentioned, it just takes extra effort now. A few stores have ammo at the premium going rate, but if you scour those trading pages, you can actually find some for the pre panic rate.

Tell ya what, I can keep an eye out for the rest of you guys if you want... just a couple of days ago I saw a 800 round case of LC 5.56 go for $400, and a 1000 round case of Tulammo 7.62X39 go for $450. These deals lasted a couple of minutes, but if someone were to give me a Max price:number of rounds, I might could be quick enough to negotiate for some of y'all. I don't even know if those were good prices, but I've seen both ammo in both quantities go for much, MUCH, more money than that recently.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #10
hmh

Liked 157 Times on 109 Posts

Get new buddies. If they had inability to buy due to funds a year ago, it is one thing (I would still make a profit). Me personally, seen it coming advised everyone I knew to stock up and caused great financial hardship to myself and my family to stock up. If you get my rounds you would pay more than enough to justify my hardship (I haven't and don't plan on selling). I would also take a look at your friends, if they showed such a lack in judgement or selected ignorance do you want to be associated with them. They are probably the same people saying "not all guns just the evil ones".