Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Hard to find bullets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Default Hard to find bullets

I haven't done much centerfire reloading. I spent a couple hours looking for 357 cal 200 gr cast, 158 JSP, 44cal 300 grain cast and 9mm JSP with the case that fragments leaving the lead core intact. I was unable to find any of them. I was hoping to order from a business similar to Brownells or Midway so I avoid extra shipping charges. Are shortages common with Brownells and Midway? All they seemed to have in stock were hollow points.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 10-02-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1151 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
I haven't done much centerfire reloading. I spent a couple hours looking for 357 cal 200 gr cast, 158 JSP, 44cal 300 grain cast and 9mm JSP with the case that fragments leaving the lead core intact. I was unable to find any of them. I was hoping to order from a business similar to Brownells or Midway so I avoid extra shipping charges. Are shortages common with Brownells and Midway? All they seemed to have in stock were hollow points.
Yes, shortages are common right now on most reloading components, AR parts, popular ammo, etc. Sign up to have the vendor notify by e-mail, text, etc. when the stuff you want is available.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

It's hard even to keep an ffl stocked right now.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #4

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Oh well, I would have rather spent the money on components. But I ended buying enough HSM bear ammo to get through hunting season in NC. If I decide to hunt out of state I can order more.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/