Hang fire - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Hang fire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

You can ship via ground. USPS ups fed ex etc.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 10-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5516 Times on 2882 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Can you mail live rounds of ammo? I thought the USPS wouldn't mail ammo.

I have never experienced a hang fire and I will be scared to death if I ever do.

If you know its a live round and you get click instead of boom, the proper procedure is to keep the gun pointed at the target for 45 seconds hangfires generally go off within 20-30 seconds at worst. Once your sure the round is inert, remove it from the gun, remove all other ammo safe the gun, look down the bore from the breach to insure it was a squib lodging a bullet in the bore. If clear reload keep shooting.

Ive personally witnessed a guy squib a ruger gp100 158grn 357mag then fite the next five all 6 bullets stayed in the barrel...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #23

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

If you know its a live round and you get click instead of boom, the proper procedure is to keep the gun pointed at the target for 45 seconds hangfires generally go off within 20-30 seconds at worst. Once your sure the round is inert, remove it from the gun, remove all other ammo safe the gun, look down the bore from the breach to insure it was a squib lodging a bullet in the bore. If clear reload keep shooting.

Ive personally witnessed a guy squib a ruger gp100 158grn 357mag then fite the next five all 6 bullets stayed in the barrel...
I know the proper way but is super easy with .22 lr to assume a misfire and clear it. Center fire I worry when nothing happens except a click that is for sure! But it is good to remember to wait a bit

Old 11-03-2012, 03:12 AM   #24

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts

So I got a letter back from Remington. The said they tested some of my ammo I sent them and that it was all normal and they found no problems. They only checked about 20 rounds though. They said I sent them 125 rounds but I overloaded a box of 225. I guess they can't count. But they're sending me a check for 15 bucks. O well, I think I am switching to federal now!

Old 11-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #25

Liked 721 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 768

I dont understand, Why do I have such good "luck" with the Rem bulk .22's..
According to you guys, the Rem golden .22's are just crap, and not a matter of "what your gun likes best"

The golden bullets are whats more accurate, in both my .22's... Winchester bulk works about the same as the Remington, but more expensive; I hate the Federal bulk packs, they have about a 10" drop at 100yds compared with the Rems. out of my Weatherby, and I find that just unacceptable.....

Old 11-05-2012, 03:22 AM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I have guns that really like the golden bullets too. I just can't live with the dud count...