Hang fire - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Hang fire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 03:54 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I am sure if you tell Remington about the 2 second delay, they'd be happy to exchange it for you. Could be a bad batch.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #12

Liked 48 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRifle50
I am sure if you tell Remington about the 2 second delay, they'd be happy to exchange it for you. Could be a bad batch.
I called Remington this morning. The first thing she said when I said it was from bulk ammo was "o you will get a few of those in a batch.". What???
I then told her it was a box of 225 and she said it shouldn't happen in that. Crazy logic. Anyway they are going to send something to my house to help me further. I think I have to send them something. Will post when I learn more.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Ask to speak to a manager, and ask for a case number for your particular complaint.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 677

hangfires are not common, misfires are. and thats for more than just remington. cci blazer, remington, federal winchester, anything cheap almost always will have misfires when it comes to .22lr, but should not have hangfires. ammo that has been exposed to moisture, the combination of a certain brand and your weapon may be the deciding factors. when i get a firearm in .22 i tend to get a box of EVERYTHING on the shelf and try to see what works best with that particular firearm. yes .22 are that picky. now it sounds like remingtion is at least going to try to give you some replacement. be sure to update us on the service, product recieved.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1
hangfires are not common, misfires are. and thats for more than just remington. cci blazer, remington, federal winchester, anything cheap almost always will have misfires when it comes to .22lr, but should not have hangfires. ammo that has been exposed to moisture, the combination of a certain brand and your weapon may be the deciding factors. when i get a firearm in .22 i tend to get a box of EVERYTHING on the shelf and try to see what works best with that particular firearm. yes .22 are that picky. now it sounds like remingtion is at least going to try to give you some replacement. be sure to update us on the service, product recieved.
I have had misfires before .22 just does that. But hang fires are sketchy. I imagine going to cycle my bolt action thinking I have a misfire and it goes off while the action is open... Yikes

Old 10-02-2012, 02:26 AM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5647 Times on 2952 Posts
Likes Given: 372

its common with remington ammunition. its really schlock stuff they are putting out. i had bought some new 30-06 remington to sight the winchester model 70 i got for my dad for xmas a few years back. 3 out of the 20 were hangfires with one dud. remington bulk pack ive had as much as 1/5 of a bulk pack just plain duds

remington ammo is just plain junk. i dont bother with it anymore

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #17

So last Thursday I got a letter with a premade shipping label asking me to send the ammo back along with the boxes. I am putting it in the mail today. We will see how long it takes to get a response.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #18

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

JonM is right on. Nothing Remington ammo wise graces the chambers of my guns. Their ammo from the golden turd to 30-06 is about worthless. Not accurate, not reliable and the corlock bullets they use are JUNK.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
JonM is right on. Nothing Remington ammo wise graces the chambers of my guns. Their ammo from the golden turd to 30-06 is about worthless. Not accurate, not reliable and the corlock bullets they use are JUNK.
I feel you are holding back, you should just let it out, you will feel better.

Not that I am disagreeing with you, I have not found much factory ammo I like.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 10-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #20
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7091 Times on 4268 Posts
Likes Given: 8599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectocotylus View Post
So last Thursday I got a letter with a premade shipping label asking me to send the ammo back along with the boxes. I am putting it in the mail today. We will see how long it takes to get a response.
Can you mail live rounds of ammo? I thought the USPS wouldn't mail ammo.

I have never experienced a hang fire and I will be scared to death if I ever do.