Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Hand Loads for self defence

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 03:41 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 370 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

yah i agree and i..i...........sorry i lost my train of thought.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:58 AM   #22

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Find out what your local Sheriff or PD carry as service loads and use that for your carry round. It pisses off the civil court plaintiff attorneys.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-09-2010, 04:27 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Find out what your local Sheriff or PD carry as service loads and use that for your carry round. It pisses off the civil court plaintiff attorneys.
I like that there cane. Very funny and also very interesting I'll have to do that!

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Old 03-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #24

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Look I am the guy that if I played the lottery with 2 other people they would both win and split the $5.4 million. I am the guy that if I look crosseyed at my windshield on the car it cracks. I try to make a wooden box and get a thing that kind of looks like a box except it has 9 sides.

So for me I will just carry factory loads. Weather I need to or not I don't care what your interweb lawyers say. Last time I looked sally was not giving away law degrees and no one here has esquire after their screen name.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #25

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

My daughter is a lawyer and I chatted about this with her. To sum up the legaleze - if it was a justified shoot - then no criminal charges. The civil side is another story as the ambulance chasers look for any way to make a buck.

Personally, I doubt many of us could reload HD rounds as good as the factory. We probably don't have access to the materials they do nor the testing facilities. I will continue to keep mine loaded with factory loads - and yes, generally ball ammo in my 1911s...

Old 03-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #26
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2601 Times on 1368 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
That is a very good recomendation. It is very difficult to paint you as a blood thirsty killer when you carried the same exact ammo as the local LEOs. The plaintiff's attorney would have to paint each and every LEO as blood thirsty killers for that argument to fly at all. Not that they wouldn't try, but i doubt many jurors would buy it.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball