Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Hand Loads for self defence

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 11:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Dear IGETEVEN,

I watched a rerun of myth busters last night. I am sorry to inform you, but they proved that you can indeed polish poop.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
LOL...knock yourself out then.

I do not know of many HERE that would indulge in that venturous art form, but If they do, I hope they wear gloves and wash their hands very well afterwards.

It's just a figure of military speech. The turds I am talking about walk on two legs and spout BS.

Damn...guess I will have to change my sig line.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 03-08-2010, 11:33 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterGA View Post
Have you ever actually met a lawyer, personally? I have. Never met one yet that couldn't write a sentence. Can you write a sentence? The above quote would indicate that you can't.

There is no legal reason not to use reloads for s.d. Opinions to the contrary are just the babble of the ignorant proletariat...sophomoric babble.
Count yourself lucky Im not a mod, Id bounce you for this one. Not the first time I have noticed the nature of your comments. What I enjoy about this forum vice some of the others I am a member of is we tend to be a more mature crowd; no keyboard commandos, no personal attacks from the safety of their extra large Cheeto-stained Avatar T shirt filled easy chair.
I think you owe the man an apology.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:43 AM   #13

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterGA View Post
Have you ever actually met a lawyer, personally? I have. Never met one yet that couldn't write a sentence. Can you write a sentence? The above quote would indicate that you can't.

There is no legal reason not to use reloads for s.d. Opinions to the contrary are just the babble of the ignorant proletariat...sophomoric babble.
Not sure what your getting at. If you would please read. I said that I will stick to a good high quality factory load, and that many load their own.

Am I not entitled to think this way? If to think that a lawyer may try something sneaky and underhanded is placing myself in the lowest social class then Oh well and so be it. I have found that many in the upper crust are stuck up snobs that need to have their teeth kick in with a good pair of redwing steel toe work boots.

That again is just me YMMV.

I am sorry to have offended you and, I will now leave the board forever and cry myself to sleep because some internet know it all said something mean to me.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:10 AM   #14

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

I think we should all back down. . . apparently old Walt is a judicial expert, English professor, master hand-gunner, re-loader and scientist. That's a pretty extensive resume. None of us will ever be able to fill those shoes.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:11 AM   #15

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
2. There is nothing I can do to increase performance of the round over a good SD round like Hornady XTP or TAP. Many of the factory loads today are running special blended powders that increase performance without raising pressures above specs. There is a lot of science put into todays performance ammunition and performance bullets.
+1.

nothing else need be said on the topic.

(it also seems Walter isnt around anymore......)

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Last edited by willfully armed; 03-09-2010 at 02:14 AM.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:23 AM   #16

Liked 1629 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 1086

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
LOL...knock yourself out then.

I do not know of many HERE that would indulge in that venturous art form, but If they do, I hope they wear gloves and wash their hands very well afterwards.

It's just a figure of military speech. The turds I am talking about walk on two legs and spout BS.

Damn...guess I will have to change my sig line.

Jack
I knew what your sig was about. I just thought that was the funniest thing I had seen in quite a while. It's amazing what two guys with a tv show and too much time on their hands can come up with. LOL

Old 03-09-2010, 02:25 AM   #17

Pissing match aside, there is no LEGAL reason not to use hand loads for self defense. When it comes to criminal prosecution, it doesn't matter if you kill someone with a chainsaw or beat them to death with a feather pillow, justifiable is justifiable.

Reloads will cause issues for you in the ensuing CIVIL case for wrongful death, which will be filed by the family of the deceased. The burden is significantly different than in a criminal trial.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 03-09-2010, 02:49 AM   #18

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well, I see this thread went nuclear with what is clearly two sides of the same coin.....

Was the shoot justified?!

Yes or No.

If it's Yes, it doesn't matter what you were carrying in the magazine.

If it's No, it doesn't matter what you were carrying in the magazine.

Now, as my brother Jeep has pointed out, the problem really comes in the CIVIL portion of the case.

I give you a little glimpse into the courtroom banter:

Lawyer: "So, Mr. Tango, even though your local P.D, the FBI and even the Mighty Texas Rangers carry brand XYZ, you felt the need to hand load your own cartridges"

Tango ( Stifles his immediate response to jump across the railing and choke said scumbag lawyer ): "Well, I am a reloader and I reload for all my firearms. I have been doing it for 20 years and I trust my work"

Lawyer: "So, because of ALL your expertise, you believe that you should be reloading for EVERY department in the US. That seems reasonable to you, does it?!?"

Tango ( red in the face, BP is up, this lawyer is going to get a parking garage visit ): "Did I say that to you? I said I reload for all my weapons and this weapon is one of them. You just don't listen, do you?! I bet you are not listening to the kids you touch at nights and on weekends, do you?! I bet you aren't listening to your family either, which is why your woman is out right now trying to get a piece of c*ck"

Lawyer: Your Honor, clearly I have made my point....

Tango: That's it, I knew it, this effing douchebag touches kids and now he is trying ti divert the facts.....

Tango then leaps over the railing and attacks the attorney for the "victim", which does nothing for his defense, but clearly demostrates why reloads are dangerous and that Tango is not to be messed with in upper BS Lawyer speak....

I'm just saying. Reloads open you up to why YOU don't use the same ammo that the local PD uses.

Why would you use anything OTHER than what the PD, who is in probably 100 times more shootings than you will EVER be, uses and is issued by their department, who no doubt went through their PAID LAWYERS????

JD

Old 03-09-2010, 02:55 AM   #19

Sorry, I didnt mean to start a brawl then sneak out the back door. I understand the debate.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:57 AM   #20

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by J T Patriot View Post
Sorry, I didnt mean to start a brawl then sneak out the back door. I understand the debate.
You are fine brother. Sometimes these discussions need to be had for a lot of people to read.

Nothing to worry about with this thread JT.

All is good.

JD