Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Hand loads for Carry Loads....?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 02:08 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

In regards to legal justified DEFENSIVE shoots (aftermath of deadly force), either law enforcement or civvie, I'm calling BS on that statement. The simple act of picking up your emptys automatically tampers with evidence. Please explain who in law enforcement teaches that. Regular target practice differs a wee bit from actual shoots. Perhaps robocop (or others) who IS actively involved with law enforcement can help shed some light into this practice of picking up your emptys after a shoot. Either I'm reading this wrong, you're not conveying your ideas right, or somebody is making things up. If I'm wrong, I apoligize but I doubt I'm wrong. Please tell me how you can legally pick up your emptys in the aftermath of justified deadly force without tampering with the scene.

I DO have to admit you're really sharp with muzzleloaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W. C. Quantrill View Post
Ewwww,,,

Well I happened to live by the gun for a long time first as a law enforcement officer, and then as a PI and bail enforcement agent, so maybe you dont know so much about me after all. I dont shoot offensively.

We were taught to always pick up our empties and I do that to this day. If we are going into a strange area, we use revolvers. Picking up my brass has nothing to do with tampering with a scene. Leaving it, is fodder for the lawyers.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 08-18-2009, 03:29 AM   #32

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

He can't legally say he could or can Bear, he just did what he could get away with at the time. I call BS too. And if it isn't, thank you very much sir for exposing these cheap sh!t tricks the law must use to fabricate case evidence.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-18-2009, 02:40 PM   #33
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2598 Times on 1366 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Picking up the empties could be a quick trip to prison for 2-10 in Texas. Tampering with evidence is a Felony. Even if the shooting turns out to be justified, you are running a pretty high risk of some D/A (politician) trying to make a name for himself by running you through the ringer.

CSI is complete Bull Sh!t! Tool marks? Chemical analysis of the powder? Unless you shoot a very high profile person, these issues will NEVER be brought up. 99% of such shootings are treated like "Public Service Homicides". The recipient of said Pb injection is usually the holder of a long and illustrious criminal history (contrary to what his family will try to portray). Even DNA cannot be completed by the next commercial break, even if the POTUS is the victim.

If you happen to shoot the nare-do-well son of the Police Chief, You will be better off using factory ammo.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 08-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #34

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=W. C. Quantrill;146218]Ewwww,,,

Quote:
Well I happened to live by the gun for a long time first as a law enforcement officer, and then as a PI and bail enforcement agent, so maybe you dont know so much about me after all. I dont shoot offensively.
You "lived by the gun"??? We're talking the 21st Century here, not Dodge City...

Quote:
We were taught to always pick up our empties and I do that to this day. If we are going into a strange area, we use revolvers.
Who exactly is "WE", and what is meant by "going in to a strange area? Are you saying the LE uses black-ops, ninja tactics? Or is this the mentality of the "Dog the Bounty Hunter's" of the world?

Quote:
Picking up my brass has nothing to do with tampering with a scene. Leaving it, is fodder for the lawyers.
WTF are you smoking pal? Do you don latex gloves before you leave the house also? Don't forget to degrease all your brass also, there might be an errant finger print somewhere...

As far as CSI being BS, I agree to a point. Tool marks being BS? Maybe in Texas where you can legally shoot someone for cutting across your lawn, but I know for a fact that if you shoot someone on a street in NYC the casings WILL be sent to the ballistics lab. Any ballistician earning his pay will note in his report that the retrieved cases were reloads. What happens after that is not so clear cut because shootings are not always clear cut, which is why we have month's long investigations after a shooting...the simple solution to a potential legal nightmare is to carry factory loads. Not to start a war here, but what's SOP in some states isn't necessarily so in other more restrictive state's.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 08-20-2009 at 02:13 AM.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #35

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by W. C. Quantrill View Post
Ewwww,,,

We were taught to always pick up our empties and I do that to this day. If we are going into a strange area, we use revolvers. Picking up my brass has nothing to do with tampering with a scene. Leaving it, is fodder for the lawyers.

OMG you just don't get it. We pulled your card and your card was a joker. Because well your an effing JOKE. I don't care who you are picking up brass after a shooting will get you a stint in the pokey cut and dry.