Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Hand loads for Carry Loads....?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
If you use Speer cases, Speer Gold Dots and kep your mouth shut, who will know?
The forensics lab that finds tooling marks on the case head and body from the sizing die, which will probably lead to further investigating the primer and possibly even a chemical analysis to determine the type of powder used.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 08-17-2009, 11:48 PM   #22

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
The forensics lab that finds tooling marks on the case head and body from the sizing die, which will probably lead to further investigating the primer and possibly even a chemical analysis to determine the type of powder used.
I don't know brother. Forensics are expensive. If you have a dead bad guy, and slugs that are known as brand X, with brand X at the scene and a shooter that admits to the self defense act and owning Brand X??

Then you look at the facts that the perp was performing illegal activity in question, with witnesses??

Is the Detective really going to pursue the ammunition angle UNLESS you live in Kalifornia, Washington D.C., New Jersey, or New Yor.....

Wait a minute, you live in New York don't you....

Old 08-18-2009, 12:00 AM   #23

Liked 1416 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

May I interject?

When you (Royal you) find yourself in a hole, stop digging!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-18-2009, 12:09 AM   #24

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I don't know brother. Forensics are expensive. If you have a dead bad guy, and slugs that are known as brand X, with brand X at the scene and a shooter that admits to the self defense act and owning Brand X??

Then you look at the facts that the perp was performing illegal activity in question, with witnesses??

Is the Detective really going to pursue the ammunition angle UNLESS you live in Kalifornia, Washington D.C., New Jersey, or New Yor.....

Wait a minute, you live in New York don't you....
More than likely no one will bother, however being a reloader I can tell you that tooling marks are a dead giveaway and are glaringly obvious to anyone who knows. I shoot Speer GDHP reloads out of my PPK because they are the only HP loads that chamber reliably. I have several boxes of these reloads which I made from used factory Speer .380 ammo. I have carried them for defensive purposes in the past (despite living in NY) because to the untrained eye they appear to be factory loads. I don't do this anymore however because after careful thought I realized that it won't be "untrained eye's" that are collecting my spent casings after I blow some scumbag into eternity...The tooling marks left by my dies are very obvious and therefore no further analysis would be needed if some Liberal Prosecutor or DA wanted to make a name for himself..

Last edited by RL357Mag; 08-18-2009 at 12:17 AM.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:15 AM   #25

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
No further analysis would be needed if a defense attorney wanted to make a name for himself..
With your shooting, my friend, I would say there would be no defense attorney, it would be the Prosecuting Attorney looking to make a name for himself.

JD

Old 08-18-2009, 12:24 AM   #26

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
With your shooting, my friend, I would say there would be no defense attorney, it would be the Prosecuting Attorney looking to make a name for himself.

JD

LOL - that didn't occur to me...

Old 08-18-2009, 12:57 AM   #27

Quote:
You have GOT to stop watching CSI. My ex worked in a DA's office and I got to look over her shoulder at some of her case files. Real life forensics are by and large a JOKE. Granted they can get pretty crazy in high profile cases, but real cases go largely with whatever the officer on scene writes in his/her report. Evidence is gathered, and usually sits in the locker until the trial is over than it's put in storage-never to see forensics. And unless you live in a major city, the "crime lab" looks a lot like a high school chemistry lab. Oh, and it's usually in a trailer.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:38 AM   #28

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
You have GOT to stop watching CSI. My ex worked in a DA's office and I got to look over her shoulder at some of her case files. Real life forensics are by and large a JOKE. Granted they can get pretty crazy in high profile cases, but real cases go largely with whatever the officer on scene writes in his/her report. Evidence is gathered, and usually sits in the locker until the trial is over than it's put in storage-never to see forensics. And unless you live in a major city, the "crime lab" looks a lot like a high school chemistry lab. Oh, and it's usually in a trailer.

So I guess what your saying is that all the admonitions against using reloads in your carry gun are BS because ballsitics experts don't bother examining spent cases?

Old 08-18-2009, 01:50 AM   #29

Quote:
So I guess what your saying is that all the admonitions against using reloads in your carry gun are BS because ballsitics experts don't bother examining spent cases?

Unless you shoot someone famous...pretty much.

But mostly I was just bringing a reality check about crime scene investigations. Just a bit off topic I guess. Sorry.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:07 AM   #30

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Unless you shoot someone famous...pretty much.

But mostly I was just bringing a reality check about crime scene investigations. Just a bit off topic I guess. Sorry.
No problem! But god forbid if I ever have to draw and fire, I want to make sure all the "i's" are dotted and the "t's" are crossed, and even then you will be in for a memorable occasion regardless of whom you shoot!