Hand gun reloader question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Hand gun reloader question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 711 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default Hand gun reloader question

I have a Lee single stage reloader that I plan to keep for the .338, .308, and some of the .223's. The issue is though, I've got about 9000 rounds (no joke) of brass total for 9mm, 40, and 45's. It would take all year to do those with a single stage press.
So what's a good one that will spit them out quick? Not looking for $1000 press but I don't want a cheapo that's not going to do a good job either.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2837 Times on 1408 Posts
Likes Given: 294

A single stage would be something of a long term commitment. Were you planning to cycle all 9000 in one go? It's not about how much brass you own as much as it's about how much you shoot normally.
I reload mostly pistol, but my needs aren't terribly demanding. I use a Lee Classic turret. I'm a low volume shooter most of the time. If you are serious about big quantities, quickly, a progressive is the only answer. I'd point you here: http://www.dillonprecision.com/Dillon_Reloading_Machines-8-1.html

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 08-26-2014, 11:02 PM   #3

Liked 36 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I recently purchased a dillon 550 works great can easily do 1000+ rounds in a weekend. With dies and everything I needed ran me about $600, I reload .45 but dies and parts are similarly priced. They have a no bs warranty and so far it's a quality press

Old 08-27-2014, 01:21 AM   #4

Liked 711 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Thanks guys. I shall do some shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 08-27-2014, 01:34 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5677 Times on 2964 Posts
Likes Given: 375

dillon 550 or xl650

nothing else.

you can find deals on used ones, if its in bad shape send it off to dillon and you get back a like new one.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...