Gun Room / Man Cave - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Gun Room / Man Cave

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 02:45 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww
This is kind of how my bench is set up, with a few changes sense this pic was taken.
Looks good opaww!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo323
Cool looking set up Aus!
I have the Lyman press too. I did however get rid of the primer arm and got a RCBS hand primer, seemed to me that the press was not designed to work in that direction for installing primers, but that is my humble opinion.

I have never used the powder thrower, I prefer to weigh it manually, but I am not a bulk re-loader. Just a hobby for me!

Yeah, get some A/C and add a fridge for the beer, and it doubles as a place to hide out from the Old Lady!
Thanks Gordo, my thoughts exactly!

I think I'll use the hand primer as well, after a bit of a play with it yesterday I realized it's a pain in the arse (do with it what you will freudian slippers ) to prime the brass that way.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:54 PM   #12

Liked 726 Times on 480 Posts
Likes Given: 771

Heres my new setup. Its all Redding and RCBS. I dont have a powder throw.. I got it from a benchrest shooter who weighed every round.. It takes longer but I guess its accurate.. The case prep center comes in handy making the Arisaka rounds though!..

107_5495.jpg  

Old 07-26-2011, 12:13 AM   #13

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

This is mine. In order to save space, I mounted the powder measure and primer tool on 2x4s that slide in and out of the black clamp you can see on the back of the table, right center. It works well and really saves me a lot of space. You can see the 2x4s on the shelves on the left.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:02 AM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2459 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 1245

Aus,Lach

Great start! One thing I did think of you need to get some desiccant in the safe ASAP. Also you could make just a box type shelf on top at the rear of your bench to attach your powder charger to it. You will need a scale of some type if you do not have one. But looks good and with the upgrades you mentioned that will be great. Just keep it as dry as possible in there. A little cold will not hurt!

Old 07-26-2011, 01:09 AM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2459 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 1245

Oppaw & Lon,

Now those are some nice benches! I am envious!

Old 08-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #16

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Here is my room

The room is crowded but effecient. There is also a closet within the room that acts as an ammo and component bunker.As you look into the room on the left hand side is the reloading bench that wraps around to the back side of the room. There is a RCBS Rock Chucker, a Dillon550, a Redding Turret and a RCBS Partner press that is just for decapping brass. Shelves wrap around above the bench and hold parts, books, dies etc. below the bench are storage containers for brass and other equipment. A pegboard holds tools. In the center of the room is an island work bench (cluttered as you can see). The right side of the room is the gun racks. rifles along the bottom and in the center of the right side wall flanked by semi-auto handguns on the right and revolvers on the left.
[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]img_4580.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

img_4575.jpg   img_4576.jpg   img_4577.jpg   img_4579.jpg  

Bill
NRA Life Member

"Democracy is two wolves and one lamb voting what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote" Ben Franklin

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45

"It is God’s job to judge and forgive my enemy, I only arrange the meeting." Unidentified Marine

Old 08-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Now you are just bragging. Seriously though, great looking set-up.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 08-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasshartt View Post
Now you are just bragging. Seriously though, great looking set-up.
Thanks. Took 40 years to get to this, so just like to show it off. Hopefully it will inspire younger people to get involved as well.

Bill
NRA Life Member

"Democracy is two wolves and one lamb voting what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote" Ben Franklin

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45

"It is God’s job to judge and forgive my enemy, I only arrange the meeting." Unidentified Marine

Old 08-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #19

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Day-yum!!! Nice collection. You reload for all those calibers? You must have fifty die sets!

Old 08-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Day-yum!!! Nice collection. You reload for all those calibers? You must have fifty die sets!
Everything except for the rim fires. Reloading to me is as fun as the shooting. Wish I had more time but can't retire just yet. Took up prarie dog shooting about 11 years ago and so mass loading of 22 centerfires and wildcats became a requirement. Been going to Montana and South Dakota every year for a 3-4 day shoot, usually averages about 300 rounds per day. First few trips I was shooting more than that daily but as I became more interested in the longer range aspect of the shoot and wanted to clean less barrels while shooting I reduced to 300 per day tops. Can't beat the fun factor.

Bill
NRA Life Member