Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Gun Room / Man Cave

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 05:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Gun Room / Man Cave

Hey guys, I'm just about to get started on reloading so I thought I'd throw up a few pics of my bench. A few of my mates and I went in together to buy the Lyman T Mag Expert Kit, and it's been set up in an 8x8m lockable shed. The shed has got no windows or ventilation thus far other than the door so it gets pretty warm in there during the afternoon but we're soon to install a window-rattler which will hopefully rectify that problem. There's still another safe to be moved in for some more rifles (the .25-06 won't even fit in this one ) and the bench has still got to be bolted down but other than that it's looking pretty good I reckon. Long term plans include a display cabinet or horizontally-opposed gun rack on the left hand side wall as you look at the first picture and another bench to mount the gun vice.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-24-2011, 05:41 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That'll do. But it looks like you really need that air mover.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-24-2011, 05:52 AM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Nice setup, better get air movement soon before it starts to smell like the cockpit of a B-52 in there. Yes I have been in a B-52 and they stink of sweat and ass.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:31 AM   #4

Thanks guys

I'll have to get a move on getting some ventilation in there; I cleaned some .25-06 cases the other day and the dust was shocking!

Old 07-24-2011, 06:51 AM   #5

Likes Given: 2

Looks real nice!
I am curious, Do you do all the work from a seated position? The only reason I ask is the powder thrower seems a little low.
Best of luck!

Old 07-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #6

Thanks Brian. I haven't started loading yet but just by sitting at the bench I have noticed that the thrower will probably be too low. I think that I'll probably mount it on a block or something somehow to raise it up a bit.

Anyone have any ideas or pics to help me out??

Old 07-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #7

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusLach View Post
Thanks Brian. I haven't started loading yet but just by sitting at the bench I have noticed that the thrower will probably be too low. I think that I'll probably mount it on a block or something somehow to raise it up a bit.

Anyone have any ideas or pics to help me out??
My thrower mounts to the press, But I have a single stage.
Looking at it I don't see why a block couldn't be used on top of the bench, Depending on what it is made out of, It may not need to be hard mounted, If it is heavy enough, It looks like Lyman makes a mount, But some people seem to think its made out of Silver... I also don't think it would be difficult to make your own mount, I am unsure how it attaches to the mount(bolted on vs. screwed into)

EDIT...

Mine.

Last edited by VitSports6; 07-24-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitSports6

My thrower mounts to the press, But I have a single stage.
Looking at it I don't see why a block couldn't be used on top of the bench, Depending on what it is made out of, It may not need to be hard mounted, If it is heavy enough, It looks like Lyman makes a mount, But some people seem to think its made out of Silver... I also don't think it would be difficult to make your own mount, I am unsure how it attaches to the mount(bolted on vs. screwed into)

EDIT...

Mine.
Thanks for the photo, nice set up

I'll have to have another look at it today after school, if anyone else has any ideas that'd help it'd be great.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:06 AM   #9

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

This is kind of how my bench is set up, with a few changes sense this pic was taken.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:13 AM   #10

Cool looking set up Aus!
I have the Lyman press too. I did however get rid of the primer arm and got a RCBS hand primer, seemed to me that the press was not designed to work in that direction for installing primers, but that is my humble opinion.

I have never used the powder thrower, I prefer to weigh it manually, but I am not a bulk re-loader. Just a hobby for me!

Yeah, get some A/C and add a fridge for the beer, and it doubles as a place to hide out from the Old Lady!

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
-Ayn Rand