good place to buy ammunition - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > good place to buy ammunition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
I80 and I81 pass through the more rural parts of the state...you can probably buy ammo in any store. Seriously, there is a Cabelas in Hamburg but I am not sure how close that is to where you will be.
Hamburg is a bit off my route as it will add close to 2 hours to my trip. The gf since she doesn't like my appreciation for firearms or the sport, would be less likely to want to take a 2 hour detour off our route. Unless there's a good outlet mall in Hamburg and I can convince her there's good shopping for her as well.. I was hoping there was a place close off the interstate that sells .308 for a decent price. However if Cabelas still has the sale on .308 when I'm heading down to NYC then it may be worth the extra drive to Hamburg. I'll have to keep my eyes on their site before I leave.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Walmart does NOT sell ammo online so you will not find it their website.

Walmart does have decent pricing on ammo, but their stock of late has been limited. My Walmart has received only a couple boxes of .45ACP (either Remington or Winchester) since the 1st week of December.

The only way you are going to find out what is available on a store by store basis is to call the store. I call mine at least once a week, find out what they have and have them hold it for me.

I am getting into reloading because of this.