good place to buy ammunition
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > good place to buy ammunition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 12:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default good place to buy ammunition

I'll be traveling to NYC and will be passing through PA. Want to know if there's any good gun stores somewhere close off I80 I81 or 380 that sell ammunition for a good price. I don't want to travel too far off the highway but if I must then I will.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-21-2011, 12:31 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

umm why do you need ammo in new york?? how you gonna cross the border with firearms??

just curious.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #3

i want to buy ammo in PA while on the way back. I don't plan on crossing with firearms, only ammo. It's legal to cross back with ammo and it's SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper to buy ammo in the US than up here.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

ahh i see. dont know any specific places but usually walmart has ok prices on common ammunition. barring any specific local deals that may be a good bet. if there is a cabelas or bass pro or gander mountain they sometimes run nice sales. you cn check their respective websites for locations.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
ahh i see. dont know any specific places but usually walmart has ok prices on common ammunition. barring any specific local deals that may be a good bet. if there is a cabelas or bass pro or gander mountain they sometimes run nice sales. you cn check their respective websites for locations.
+1 on all of those especially Walmart. Also check Academy Sports and Outdoors. Google will help you locate all of them along your route.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #6

when I went on the walmart page I couldn't find their ammunition prices. I'm surprised that Bass Pro has good prices there because the one we have close to me wants 40.00 for a box of (50) 168 grain .40 cal Win for my pistol.
I go to a different gun store about an hour an a half away from there and it's about 21.00 for the same box of ammo. Plus if I buy 9 boxes I get one free (basically a 10% discount on 10 boxes of ammo). So I pay just under 200 for (500) rounds of Winchester .40 cal.
They however want 40.00 for a box of (20) 165 grain .308 and the same box of .308 is probably less than 20 in the US.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

its not a given any individual retail location will have a good deal when your there, those are just places that are comon and deals can be found.

i would recomend taking up reloading if you want quality cheap ammo.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:58 AM   #8

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default ammo

I don't know if this guy sells FTF or only internet sales. He is a ways out of your way but the prices are good.
AMMOMAN DISCOUNT DISTRIBUTORS
1036 INDUSTRIAL DRIVE - WEST BERLIN, NJ 08091

CALL THE AMMOMAN AT: (856) 767-8835
AMMOMAN FAX LINE 24-HOURS (856)-767-3877

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
Vietnam Vet 1968 MCB 53 Danang

Old 01-22-2011, 02:05 AM   #9

Liked 763 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage308 View Post
I'll be traveling to NYC and will be passing through PA. Want to know if there's any good gun stores somewhere close off I80 I81 or 380 that sell ammunition for a good price. I don't want to travel too far off the highway but if I must then I will.
I80 and I81 pass through the more rural parts of the state...you can probably buy ammo in any store. Seriously, there is a Cabelas in Hamburg but I am not sure how close that is to where you will be.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 01-22-2011, 02:08 AM   #10

Liked 763 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by culdee View Post
I don't know if this guy sells FTF or only internet sales. He is a ways out of your way but the prices are good.
AMMOMAN DISCOUNT DISTRIBUTORS
1036 INDUSTRIAL DRIVE - WEST BERLIN, NJ 08091

CALL THE AMMOMAN AT: (856) 767-8835
AMMOMAN FAX LINE 24-HOURS (856)-767-3877
They do sell FTF but do not have regular hours...unfortunately West Berlin is in South Jersey and several hours from upstate PA...anyways you need a FPID card to buy ammo in NJ, PA is the better choice.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington