Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   good place to buy ammunition (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/good-place-buy-ammunition-37158/)

Savage308 01-21-2011 12:11 AM

good place to buy ammunition
 
I'll be traveling to NYC and will be passing through PA. Want to know if there's any good gun stores somewhere close off I80 I81 or 380 that sell ammunition for a good price. I don't want to travel too far off the highway but if I must then I will.

JonM 01-21-2011 12:31 AM

umm why do you need ammo in new york?? how you gonna cross the border with firearms??

just curious.

Savage308 01-21-2011 03:42 PM

i want to buy ammo in PA while on the way back. I don't plan on crossing with firearms, only ammo. It's legal to cross back with ammo and it's SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper to buy ammo in the US than up here.

JonM 01-21-2011 05:20 PM

ahh i see. dont know any specific places but usually walmart has ok prices on common ammunition. barring any specific local deals that may be a good bet. if there is a cabelas or bass pro or gander mountain they sometimes run nice sales. you cn check their respective websites for locations.

Poink88 01-21-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 426544)
ahh i see. dont know any specific places but usually walmart has ok prices on common ammunition. barring any specific local deals that may be a good bet. if there is a cabelas or bass pro or gander mountain they sometimes run nice sales. you cn check their respective websites for locations.

+1 on all of those especially Walmart. Also check Academy Sports and Outdoors. Google will help you locate all of them along your route.

Savage308 01-21-2011 06:32 PM

when I went on the walmart page I couldn't find their ammunition prices. I'm surprised that Bass Pro has good prices there because the one we have close to me wants 40.00 for a box of (50) 168 grain .40 cal Win for my pistol.
I go to a different gun store about an hour an a half away from there and it's about 21.00 for the same box of ammo. Plus if I buy 9 boxes I get one free (basically a 10% discount on 10 boxes of ammo). So I pay just under 200 for (500) rounds of Winchester .40 cal.
They however want 40.00 for a box of (20) 165 grain .308 and the same box of .308 is probably less than 20 in the US.

JonM 01-21-2011 10:09 PM

its not a given any individual retail location will have a good deal when your there, those are just places that are comon and deals can be found.

i would recomend taking up reloading if you want quality cheap ammo.

culdee 01-22-2011 01:58 AM

ammo
 
I don't know if this guy sells FTF or only internet sales. He is a ways out of your way but the prices are good.
AMMOMAN DISCOUNT DISTRIBUTORS
1036 INDUSTRIAL DRIVE - WEST BERLIN, NJ 08091

CALL THE AMMOMAN AT: (856) 767-8835
AMMOMAN FAX LINE 24-HOURS (856)-767-3877

Jpyle 01-22-2011 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage308 (Post 426161)
I'll be traveling to NYC and will be passing through PA. Want to know if there's any good gun stores somewhere close off I80 I81 or 380 that sell ammunition for a good price. I don't want to travel too far off the highway but if I must then I will.

I80 and I81 pass through the more rural parts of the state...you can probably buy ammo in any store. :p Seriously, there is a Cabelas in Hamburg but I am not sure how close that is to where you will be.

Jpyle 01-22-2011 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culdee (Post 426847)
I don't know if this guy sells FTF or only internet sales. He is a ways out of your way but the prices are good.
AMMOMAN DISCOUNT DISTRIBUTORS
1036 INDUSTRIAL DRIVE - WEST BERLIN, NJ 08091

CALL THE AMMOMAN AT: (856) 767-8835
AMMOMAN FAX LINE 24-HOURS (856)-767-3877

They do sell FTF but do not have regular hours...unfortunately West Berlin is in South Jersey and several hours from upstate PA...anyways you need a FPID card to buy ammo in NJ, PA is the better choice.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:37 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.